𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

~✧~

"There's a panther on my deck," the sailor shouted indignantly.

With a loud sigh, Tom turned away from the sight of the red-stained water and turned instead to the old man and Theodore.

"That's right," he replied.

"And there's a boy lying on my ship who was almost drowned by a mermaid," the old man shouted again, just as indignant as he had been a moment ago.

Tom nodded, "That is also correct."

The old man screwed up his face, "Do you know what that means?" Theodore stared at the old man in wonder.

"It means I was right. Even then, thirty years ago. I was right!" the man clapped his hands and shouted again, "I was right!"

Happy, he literally leapt inside and made sure the ship set course again for its home port to tell all who had not believed him.

"Should we take care of him?" echoed Theo, a little disturbed by the old man's bliss.

Tom shook his head, "For now, he shouldn't cause us any problems," he pointed at Leo, "Has he been administered the viole yet?"

"No, I've been a little too busy hoping you two don't die."

"Then get it now, I'll take Taraphina downstairs."

The self dripping young man, strode over to the panther. As soon as the black cat heard footsteps in his direction, it straightened up with a growl.

Seeing this, Tom felt some relief, "Come," he commanded and the cat obeyed. Slowly she trotted after him. Leo followed close behind the two of them.

"Tom?"

"Yes."

"Why did Taraphina jump in there so recklessly?" wanted Theodore to know. He couldn't think of a person who would have done that willingly. Animagus or not. After all, as a panther she must have had even worse chances than in her human form.

"For all the information you have yet to learn, you must take an oath."

Nervousness and excitement spread through Theodore. He was Tom's right-hand man, why should he now have to take an oath for certain information?

When the three finally reached Tom and Tara's bunk, Tom handed Theo the violet with a healing potion. In exchange he got the chopped off piece of the tail fin, which Theo had quickly picked up before following Tom.

"Tom I have to tell you honestly, without doubting your judgement," he tried to defend himself, "I'm really not sure that was a nix."

Tom accepted the piece of fin, "You can go now Nott and it would be better not to doubt my judgement. A simple phrase does not justify your actions. I know what I am doing. If I hadn't been sure that was a nix, I wouldn't have pulled her aboard, I'd have called Taraphina immediately and made sure we left myself."

The boy was confused towards his leader, "Do you mean you were fully conscious the whole time? And you called Taraphina? You didn't say anything, did you?"

Tom was annoyed, "Yes, that means I was conscious Nott. I could hear her, but still I wasn't as infatuated as you. It's called being prepared," he retorted, "Now you'd better go, I don't owe you any justification and any further questions, you can ask later."

Theo looked submissively at the floor, "Yes my lord," and then he left.

Tom glanced after him, he was first alerted to someone else by a purr and a pressure on his legs.