𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

~✧~

"Mira!" a rough voice called, "Wait!"

The dark night revealed few outlines in the depths of Forbidden Forest. It was waning full moon and accordingly especially gloomy under the leafy crowns of the huge trees. The wind howled around and made the branches of the trees produce various sounds like a wind chime. Now and then branches cracked in the bushes and from far away the howling of a wolf could be heard.

A shiver ran down Taraphina's spine and animated her to observe her surroundings in a particularly peculiar way. She followed the line of sight that was still burned into Slughorn's memory and tried to memorize every necessary detail.

Uncertain of what to expect, she carefully followed the professor's foresighted gaze. She noticed how her heart began to pound more and more, although she was aware of the fact that she was not in the real world. The various environmental influences made it more difficult for her, however, as her pulse rate skyrocketed, her concentration had to suffer as well.

"Arrr!"

She winced, completely shocked, and began to fall face-first to the floor. Out of reflex, she tried to shield herself from the impact with her hands, but bigger hands beat her to it. Slughorn's arms came into her field of vision. Only now, somewhat relieved, did she notice the weight on her back. It felt similar to Samuel's cat, only much heavier and larger.

A loud laugh rang out, "Get off me you giant ball of fur."

The creature obeyed and stepped over Slughorn's head. He lifted his head to see it turn and move to a sitting position

"Why do you do that every time?" he asked as he slowly stood back up and brushed the dirt off his clothes.

The black panther looked at him perplexed for a moment before wiping his bloody mouth on the fur of his right foreleg.

"Very well," the man sighed, "Are you ready for impulse control training?"

Unsurprisingly, he received no verbal response, but could merely watch as the feline predator stretched his back and moved next to him.

Together, they now strode through the darkness until the panther scented a deer and Slughorn stalked the black creature toward the unsuspecting prey animal.

"Go," Slughorn commanded, and the feline predator began to advance further. It stayed close to the ground to get as close to its prey as possible. Not a sound was made that could mess up the attack.

Just as the panther was about to attack with a giant leap, however, it paused. Slughorn had quietly, but understandably enough for the panther's sensitive ears, given the command to disperse; a light touch on the medallion filled with the rose golden potion reinforced his command.

The stag ran off, panting loudly, and the panther turned to the man with a relaxed expression, but twinkling eyes.

"That was flawless," he praised with a smile on his face and took a step toward the black feline.

He reached out a hand to pat the shiny fur, but at sobalt physical contact the feline predator escaped him with a growl and a puckered expression. With claws retracted, a front paw struck his right arm, pushing him back.

Completely overwhelmed with the emotions spreading through his body, Slughorn backed away and used the distance to quickly retrieve the medallion from his coat pocket.

Protectively holding the chain in front of him, he swung the orb around in the panther's field of vision.

"Stop," he commanded, "Stay where you are!" a hint of uncertainty, if not fear, was audible from his vocal tone. He had been aware of the risk of dark animagy from the start, but even so, his beloved Mira's sudden turn against him now overwhelmed him more than he had thought.