𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞

~✧~

Three days had passed. The four arrived at the harbour without incident and had got exactly what Tom wanted. A piece of a nix fin.

Taraphina had lost a lot of blood from the fight with the Sirens in her human form, yet she was already fitter than Tom had expected. Her wounds began to close again and this happened much faster than with normal wizards. Tom had therefore decided to travel straight back to England with the same portkey they had used to get to the Caribbean in the first place. At home, Taraphina already wanted to go back to her normal daily life, but Tom wanted her to continue taking it easy; so that meant absolute bed rest for her.

Taraphina quickly got bored of all the rest. Tom stopped by every now and then, but she hadn't really seen much of him in the last few days. At the most, he came to change her bandage, which he had put on her chest as a precaution. In the evening, when he finally went to bed himself, she tried to persuade him to have long conversations with her. But mostly he would just tell her to get some rest. Annoyed, Tara would then turn over and pull the big blanket they shared with her. That way he could at least begin to imagine how annoyed and angry she was. She would come closer to Tom to finally get some attention from him, but he wouldn't even let her sleep with her head on his chest, saying he was afraid of hurting her. She would just roll her eyes.

Tom himself didn't find the situation easy either, he was annoyed by Tara's childish behaviour. He tried everything to make her recover completely and she didn't thank him at all. Instead, she annoyed him even more than usual. He wasn't good at lying still himself and was always right on his feet, but with Tara it was different. He would rather keep her in bed one day longer than one day too few. For that he would even put up with all her contradictions and complaints.

Taraphina had just thought back to last night's discussion where they had both debated the definition of bed rest again. Unsurprisingly, she had lost. She was already upset again and just then Tom decided to enter the room to change the bandages.

She wanted to give him the cold shoulder, so she pretended not to notice him at all. Her eyes continued to stare at page 233 of her book, which had been open for half an hour. She had not taken note of a word.

Tom understood what she was up to; after all, it wasn't the first time she had done this. Without saying anything, he fetched all the necessary utensils from the bathroom that adjoined the room.

Now was one of the moments when he had to admit that he liked Taraphina a little better in her panther form. She was more obedient, more submissive and much more violent. She supported him completely in this guise and did not contradict him. That was exactly what he needed to reshape the future.

When he came back out of the bathroom, Taraphina was still engrossed in her book.

"Come on, let's just change the bandages quickly," he said.

The young witch raised her head, "Come back later."

Tom frowned, "Certainly not."

"But I don't have time for you right now, I'm supposed to be resting. And your presence isn't helping," Tara's gaze lowered again.

The boy rolled his eyes and came to the bed. He put all the necessary utensils on the bedside cabinet and looked down at the little witch from above. Before she could act, he took the book from her hand and placed it on the bedside cabinet.

Then he grabbed her hands and pushed them over her head onto the bed.

"Tom what the hell," she complained, though she actually appreciated his attention. She squirmed in his grip but of course it was no use.