𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

~~

Tara was snatched from the world of dreams when the door was pushed open and slammed loudly against the wall. Within a second, the girl was sitting straight in bed. Dizziness plagued her from moving too fast and her head ached even more than before. Before her brain could form a reasonably sharp image again, she was startled a second time as a bony hand suddenly clasped her upper arm. Her heart pounded.

"What the hell?" she asked angrily, having realised who had woken her. She tried with all her might to free herself from Tom's strong grip but failed, "Tom let go of me!"

Tom merely rolled his eyes and with a deft movement, he grabbed both of her wrists to finally stop her sad attempts to free herself.

"Tom," she complained, continuing to wriggle in his grip.

"Leave it," he growled darkly in her ear, but Tara didn't hear, she was too damn stubborn. Tom's mood was turning sullen and Tara could feel all his fuse that kept him from doing something stupid blowing. But that would be no argument for her not to have her way.

"Let me-" she began, but she was interrupted by Tom, "Who did this to you?" he growled before she could finish. The young witch's eyes widened a little. Did Tom really care that someone had hurt her? She looked into his angry face with a questioning expression, searching for a possible answer. Something told her that Tom really did care about her wellbeing, but still she would not forget that he was the one who had already caused her worse harm.

"Let. Me. Go," the girl repeated again.

"Tom, leave my sister alone," Abraxas' voice suddenly echoed through the room and the door slammed again; but this time shut. The boy with blond hair almost as light as snow placed the wooden chest Tom had gotten from Slughorn on the desk near the front door and then gave all his attention to Tom and his sister.

The Slytherinperfect raised an eyebrow expertly and looked challenging at Abraxas, Taraphina stopped fidgeting.

"What was that?" asked Tom rhetorically.

"I said leave my sister alone," Abraxas repeated confidently, his face narrowing, "I don't know what kind of strange relationship you have, but I don't like it."

Taraphina gasped, 'Strange relationship' hit the spot, a nice description for their messed up relationship that no one except maybe Tom seemed to understand.

"I brought you here so you could treat her injury and not pounce on her like a beast," Abraxas explained with his arms crossed.

Tom let go of Tara, who merely tried to grab him by the sleeve as he rose from the edge of the bed and walked towards Abraxas. An uneasy feeling spread through Tara's body.

"Like a beast," Tom quoted with a smile on his face, "Dear Abraxas," he began after a moment, "You should know well by now that you don't have to compare me to a beast, you can directly say that I am one. After all, that fact is really known to everyone in this room."

There was silence, Abraxas glared angrily at Tom, he didn't like the direction this was taking. He had brought Tom here to look at and treat Taraphina's injury after she had strongly refused to go to the infirmary. With anyone else begging him, he wouldn't have cared, but he could hardly deny his little sister a wish; even if he was upset with her right now.

"Tara tell your brother about our strange relationship," Tom demanded when no one else in the room dared to say a word.

Tara continued to remain silent as Tom stared at Abraxas with his smile on his face. Abraxas mine was rigid and anger flashed in his eyes.