𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕺𝖓𝖊

~✧~

"Oh my God, can we please go to that coffee?" begged Taraphina excitedly. She had noticed the newly opened coffee shop some time ago when she was in London with Tom. But he was rarely keen on such loveliness, so she hadn't had the chance to enjoy the nice ensemble yet.

Despite a grim expression that Taraphina had already interpreted as a no, her brother nodded.

With a happy smile on Taraphina's face as well as a still grim expression on Abraxa's face, the two entered the small café. There were only a few tables, but it still seemed very crowded. The two were lucky to catch a walking couple who were just clearing their table.

Delighted, the young girl dropped onto the lambskin cushion of her chair and grabbed the menu.

They both placed their orders and after a short while the waitress returned with a hot chocolate for Taraphina and a cup of black coffee for Abraxas.

Now they finally had time to talk about what they actually urgently needed to talk about. Tom and Taraphina's relationship with him.

"So how are you Brax?" asked Tara cautiously to initiate the conversation. She sipped her large cup a moment later. The chocolatey taste refreshed her tongue.

"How am I supposed to be? I just lost my mother and I feel like I'm losing my little sister with every passing day."

Taraphina bit her lip and tried to give him a thin smile. But his unamused expression told her that it had not appeased him one bit.

She was about to open her mouth and continue talking but was interrupted, "Why were you attacked by a siren?"

Oh he knew about that. That was news to Tara and she would have preferred to keep it to herself.

"How do you know about that?"

"I went to check on you yesterday and heard you talking to a house elf. Since when have you been hanging out with these creatures?" asked Abraxas in near disgust.

Tara nodded down at her cup and traced the outline of its rim with her index finger, "That was Dobby and he apologised for my mother's death. He's very nice and so our conversation has moved on to one topic or another."

"Oh my God Tar," he said angrily and disappointedly at the same time, running his thumb and forefinger over the outline of his nose, "You tell a house elf about a dangerous bite wound inflicted on you by a siren but not your brother?! Why did you jump in the water in the first place? Are you mental?"

Tara winced for a moment. Those were harsh words and the worst of it was that she could almost completely relate to him, "I jumped because the siren had grabbed Louis and everyone else was under her spell."

"And that's why you're risking your life? I don't believe you. I know you've grown to like my friends by now, but would you risk your own life for that? I know the answer is no."

Tara looked at him without any emotion, 'Should she tell him about this now?'

Abraxas frowned, "Did Tom force you?"

"What? No!" the young girl shot back. She knew she was lying, because actually he had more or less forced her. But Abraxas had better not find out. Besides, even if Tom hadn't called her, Taraphina would have jumped into the water. If she was able to endure pain and survive in situations where no one else would, then she would also help where she could.

"Tar, I'm sorry to say this, but I'm finding it harder and harder to even begin to understand your relationship. I just worry about you and I don't want anything to happen to you."