𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊

~✧~

It was the same long drive as always before the holidays. Only this time it felt different for Tom, Theodore, Abraxas, Leo, Louis and Samuel. Even though they hadn't expected it at the beginning of the school year, it was still painful to say goodbye and close with a whole part of their lives. Normally the trips back were always dull and boring, but this time they seemed to have realised what this train trip was doing to them in the first place. It was a tradition that had been done for ages and now they were learning to appreciate it too. The train journey to or from Hogwarts was a preparation for their now changing circumstances; a short time to adjust to their current home; because somehow Hogwarts had become home too.

"Tom," Theodore interrupted the silence, before speaking further he quickly fabricated a silencing spell, around the compartment so that no outsider could eavesdrop, "What is your plan for this holiday?"

Taraphina, her head resting on his lap, looked at him expectantly.

"My plan was actually to leave for Ireland with Taraphina today, but I think it would be better to postpone that until tomorrow morning," from Taraphina's smile he recognised her gratitude. He had already told her that they had to go to Ireland to use a portkey to the Caribbean. Only in these tropical waters did mermaids and sirens live and its scales were one of the main ingredients in Taraphina's calming potion.

"Just the two of you?" questioned Abraxas sceptically.

"No, to be honest I wanted to take a couple of you with me while the others are busy with their families anyway, doing some research for me ."

"Mhm," the blond boy replied merely, staring out the window again as he had done only a moment before.

"But we're still meeting at the Notts' tonight, aren't we Tom?" enquired Louis.

Tom nodded, "Yes, and from there we'll go to Ireland tomorrow and then to the Caribbean."

~✧~

The train arrived at platform 9 3/4 faster than expected. Before the group knew it, they were running through the wall and apperating from London station to Nott mansion completely independently for the first time. Once there, all they had to do was walk up the long gravel driveway and they had arrived at a white house with four columns in the entrance. Just as the house looked from the outside, it was also very brightly furnished on the inside; very different from the Malfoys'. Mrs. Nott and Mr. Nott were sitting in the living room when the youngsters arrived. Excited about their son's graduation, they greeted him in a friendly manner. You could see the joy literally written all over their faces.

They quickly turned their attention to the others, "Oh, you darlings, how quickly you have grown up," Mrs. Nott rambled dreamily, "We are very happy that you want to celebrate the end of your school career or your last holidays with us," Mrs. Nott added when Taraphina's small body caught her eye. Tom and Mr. Nott talked for quite a while while Taraphina and the rest of the group were still talking to Mrs. Nott. It took quite a while before the conversations slowly ended. All the time Mrs. Nott was talking about how happy she was now that next year Theodore's little sister would have her first year at Hogwarts. She asked Taraphina if she would keep an eye on the young girl, which Taraphina of course immediately answered in the affirmative.

When it was finally evening and the sun had not been in the sky for a long time, the young people finally had their peace. They all sat together in the well-tended garden around a campfire. Alcoholic drinks in hand or placed close to them. Some were still holding stick bread over the embers at the edge of the fire to pass the time while they joined in the conversation. Tom was exceptionally relaxed throughout the evening and insisted on no pleasantries from his followers; they really did seem like a normal group of friends enjoying a campfire.