𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

~✧~

"And now I would like to invite our honourable Tom to the stage to say a few words!"

Tom made his way to the stage with his head held high and with large strides. The black suit flattered his not too fat but not too thin body. The light was increasingly focused on him, while the rest of the students was increasingly in shadow. He went to the lectern and spread a piece of paper on it, then looked into the crowd and began: "Dear fellow students, dear teachers, ladies and gentlemen, it is done. Finally we have our longed-for diploma in our hands. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed and I'm sure it's the same for you. I'm sure you remember the first flying lesson, the first successful spell and the first usable potion as well as I do. From there we have now made it through the difficult final exams, it wasn't always easy and a lot of dry theory, but overall it was definitely worth it. We now have to leave our beloved home and find our way in the professional world. There will be no more mentors there to explain everything to us twice and three times, but I don't think that will be necessary either, because Hogwarts has ensured that we all receive an exceptionally good education. My greatest thanks to all the professors for their patience and effort. It has been a great pleasure for all of us to learn from you. And also my greatest thanks to all my classmates for an unbelievably wonderful time. I will never forget these seven years and hope to keep in touch outside of school. So then, thank you for your attention, enjoy the evening and hopefully see you soon! Thank you!"

If there was one thing Tom was good at, it was always saying exactly the right thing when he had to. It was like a superpower, because the crowd listened intently to his every word; always. It was the same on prom day of course, his speech touched everyone, made them laugh and most of all made them like him. He could allow himself so many slips, but in the end everyone acted as if nothing had happened. He simply knew who he had to convince and once that was done, no one could change it. This gift of his was truly a blessing and especially Tara always found it exciting to observe it.

The people applauded his clever choice of words, fell silent for a moment to let the headmaster finally open the graduation party and then everyone headed for the dance floor or the bar. Taraphina was not really in the mood to celebrate, but for the love of Tom and especially Theodore, Louis, Leo and Samuel, she tried to spread as much good humour as possible. It was their last night at Hogwarts and they should enjoy it. Excitedly, she ran towards Tom against the current and threw herself into his arms. With a small smile on his face, he grabbed her by the waist and lifted her a little into the air. The little witch squealed excitedly and literally beamed with joy. The lack of sleep had continued to psych her out lately, but a little alcohol and she would finally be able to let go.

Tom twirled her around before dragging her onto the dance floor with him. Normally he wasn't a big fan of all the swirling around among the many other people, but today was an exception because he knew who was looking. The man who kept eyeing him sceptically and wasn't eating out of his hand like everyone else.

"Tommy"

"Yes darling," he merely replied without really paying any attention to her.

"Are you alright?"

Tom stared at her in confusion, "Of course."

"But then why am I leading?" the brunette probed.

Tom hadn't even noticed that his attention was more on Dumbledore than on his girlfriend. Without saying anything else about it, he took the lead again and twirled the little girl around. The smile on her face spoke for itself and what also made him merely smile down at his little girl. She looked fantastic in the dark green silk dress with a plunging neckline, leg slit and elegantly cut out back. She by his side was truly the finishing touch he needed to show everyone his perfection.