33

I sat on the balcony, sipping a glass of wine and looking out over the property. Celia had brought me a fresh bottle of The Grace Edition from the vineyards a little bit ago along with a beautiful spread of cheeses and crackers. After I got home I changed into an oversized hoodie and nothing else, waiting for Grey to come back.

"You seem content." I heard, causing my head to snap around. He smiled at me, walking through the room and onto the balcony. "I am." I smiled back. He had already stripped off his jacket and dress shirt. I moved a little and he sat down, pulling me into his lap. "It's mesmerizing isn't it?" He said, eating a piece of cheese. I nodded, trailing my finger across his chest tattoo. "I've been sitting here since we got home." He looked down at me and smiled. "Thank you for bringing me." I said softly. "I'll take you anywhere you want to go." He said, lacing his fingers in mine. I grinned. "How's your wine?" He asked, swirling it around the glass before taking a sip. "Utter perfection." He chuckled, nodding. "That I can agree on. Possibly the best formula we've ever had. Celia must have when to the production house today." I nodded. "She said the bottles she brought back were made today. It taste so fresh." He smiled, taking a few more sips. A calming silence fell over us as we both sat there. I continued tracing random shapes on his exposed skin and he had his head leaned back and his eyes closed. It was perfect.

"Did everything go okay?" I asked Grey as we both grabbed the empty wine bottle and the dishes to bring back into the room. He nodded. "Everything is taken care of. Nothing to worry about anymore." He confirmed, setting the dishes on the cart outside of our room before closing the door. He leaned against the door and studied me as I sat on the edge of the bed. "Somethings been bothering me. I haven't wanted to bring it up because I know it's a touchy subject for you." He said carefully, watching my reaction like a hawk. I furrowed my eyebrows, frowning. "What's been bothering you that you haven't brought up? You know you can talk to me about anything." He sighed, coming over to the bed and sitting next to me before falling back on the bed. "It's all I've been thinking about for days." He said. I waited patiently, ready for him to tell me. He ran his fingers through his hair. "The look on your face when I said I wanted a baby..." He paused and my throat got dry. "Do you not want kids?" He asked softly. I resisted my first instinct to run and sighed, falling back on the bed next to him. "I know you said now is not the right time and I agree but I can't help feeling like it's more than that." He said, grabbing my hand and gently stroking it. There was a pause and I was unsure of my answer. "Honestly I don't know." I started, glancing at him and he waited for me to speak. "Obviously I know that we wouldn't raise our kid the way I was, but it's a fear of mine. I've often wondered if I can even actually love a kid the way you're supposed to as a parent." He turned on his side to face me and kissed my head. "Why wouldn't you just tell me that?" He asked, no hint of anger in his voice. "I was scared." I looked at him to see his reaction and he frowned. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Baby, I love you. As you are. With or without kids. I know it's not something we've ever talked about before now but you need to know that I'm happy with you. You're all I need." He stroked my cheek, looking lovingly at me. "Truthfully, I don't think I can have kids. When I was a teenager I had ovarian problems and had surgery, the doctor had mentioned that it could possibly effect me having children in the future but I was in so much pain then it didn't matter. I had never imagined wanting a family one day." His eyebrows pulled together in worry. "There are other ways to have a baby or kids if that's what we decide. But I won't ever force you in making this decision. It's ours together. I understand your hesitation. And we can revisit the conversation when your ready." I smiled lovingly at him, stroking his cheek. "How did I get so lucky to have someone so unbelievably understanding?" I said softly and he grinned, pulling me on top of him. He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off with a kiss. I pulled away, smirking down at him. "I don't need to hear that cheesy ass line about how you're the lucky one again. Take the compliment." I said playfully and he chuckled. "You know me too well."

Greyson was asleep and I found myself starting at the balcony doors. I glanced over my shoulder at him to see him peacefully sleeping. I slowly and carefully got out of bed and made my way across the room. I grabbed my cozy cardigan before opening the doors and walking out. I smiled as a gust of wind blew my hair in every direction. I leaned against the balcony, looking out on the fields. There are lights sprinkled throughout the vineyards, making it look like a fairy village from up here. It's beautiful. I smiled slightly, just taking all of this in.

It's crazy how much your life can change when you're least expecting it. Greyson was so unexpected. I never wanted to like Seattle when I came here. I tried my best not to get feelings for Greyson, with as many times as he messed up it's a miracle I did. But even afterwards i never would have thought in a million years we'd be so inthralled with each other we'd dive in so deep so fast. But looking back on it I wouldn't change it for the world. He is my world. I'd give anything for him and I know he'd do the same.