17

It's now 7pm and Greyson said he'd be home by 4. I gave him a few hours because I'm not going to micromanage him but now I'm getting worried. And even more worried since Shawn is nowhere to be seen. I grabbed my keys and locked the house before leaving.

I arrived at the office and looked around. Bingo. Greyson's, Shawn's and Calebs cars are here. I have keys to everything so I went in and got on the elevator. I waited patiently until I got to the top floor. When the doors opened I stepped out only to find all of the lights off and no one there. Shit. I got back in the elevator and started at the button. The basement. I entered the code you need to go down and down it went. The pit in my stomach grew by the second as I went down. I took in a deep breath as the elevator dinged. I stepped out and immediately heard sounds. I know they know I'm here and before I could make it to the room I knew they were in Shawn stopped me. "Juliet, you don't want to go in there. You need to go home." I gave him a death glare. He had his hand on his gun still, starring me down. "What are you going to do? Shoot me?" He cocked his head to the side thinking about it. I could hear Damiens screams from the room not even 15 feet away. "This is my family now Shawn. All the shit he's done to Greyson, all the horrible things he's said to me. I need this just as much as him." Shawn's eyes wavered, he's had a soft spot for me since I almost died in his arms. "This isn't on me." He mumbled and I walked past him, him following closely. The sight was...bloody for sure. Greyson's dress shirt I picked out this morning splattered with blood. Caleb and Shawn didn't have a drop. "Shawn will you-" Greyson turned and locked eyes with me. He sighed and ran his fingers through his bloody hair. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a turn on. Damien managed a whistle though he looked pretty bad. "Good to see you, Jules. I heard the news, I'm sure Greyson's fucking your like the-" he didn't get a chance to finish as Greyson swing a bat at his stomach, silencing him with a groan. He turned back to me. "Angel, you shouldn't be here." He said walking towards me. "I was worried." I said tearing my eyes away from Damien to look into his. "You shouldn't be here to see this." He said gently, cupping my chin. "Let me stay." I softly demanded. He glanced to Shawn and Caleb who both shrugged. "You stay back. Don't listen to anything he says. If you need to leave you say something immediately, understood?" He said sternly. I nodded. He sighed. "Fine." He agreed. I smiled a little and he turned away. I grabbed him by the shirt and brought his lips to mine. His tense muscles relaxed in my hold as I held his face. We pulled away and he smiled. "You've got blood on you now." I shrugged, giving him a smirk. He raised his eyebrows. "Yeah? This does it for you?" I couldn't help but chuckle. "That's going to make this 10 times more fun. I love you." He kissed me again and nudged me towards Shawn. He gave me one more pointed look before turning back to Damien. "Alright, back to business." He said, smirking. He started to unbutton his shirt, briefly glancing at me and winking. Shawn gave me a look and I gave him an innocent look. He held in a laugh. "It seems my lovely wife has come to the show just before final curtain." "It's been roughly 9 hours boss." Caleb said from the corner. Greyson hit him with the bat again, making Damien spit up more blood.

I took the time to examine his body. He was covered in stab wounds and bruises by now. No doubt he has broken bones and ribs. They've kept him alive on purpose. So he can feel every agonizing second of pain before he's eventually shown mercy with death. 9 hours. He's been strung up all day and has no doubt been wishing all of this is over with all day. Sadly everything must come to an end.

"Have you had enough?" Greyson asked. Forcing his head up to look at him. He managed a small noise but no words came out. Greyson took the bat and swing one where the sun don't shine pretty fucking hard. "That ones for ever thinking you could lay a finger on my wife. And any other woman who's had to have your disgusting hands on them." He said low and sharp. Caleb walked over to him and handed him a gun. Disposable but definitely Greyson's style. "This is your last chance, Damien." He lifted his head enough to spit blood at Greyson. And in response Greyson pulled the trigger, bringing silence into the room. Caleb took the gun back and Greyson said something to him before walking back over to me. "Come on baby."

He lead me into a room that was very nicely furnished. He walked off and I heard the sound of a shower. I looked around, taking in the space. I knew what happened down here but I'd never been to the basement before. "Jules." He called and I followed his voice. I walked in and he was only in boxers now, raking his fingers through his hair. I leaned against the counter, starring at him. "So, is it also like a murderer thing or...?" He joked. You know I'm fucked up because I laughed. "It's just crazy that you manage to look sexy in even the worst situations." He chuckled. "Come" he beckoned and I couldn't resist. I pulled off my clothes and followed him into the shower.

Once we were done Greyson had sweats and a shirt ready and clothes for me as well. Caleb and Shawn were waiting outside the room when we were done. "Is it done?" Grey asked and they both nodded. "All taken care of, boss." "The guards also?" They nodded. "Good. It's been a long day boys. Go home, get some sleep, and take some time. Damiens no longer a problem we can all take a breath. I will see you next week." Greyson said grabbing my hand. They nodded and Greyson and I walked towards the elevator. The second the doors closed he wrapped his arms around me. "Are you okay?" He asked softly. I smiled lovingly at him. "I'm okay, Grey. He wasn't a good person. And he certainly won't be missed." He nodded, still skeptical. He kissed my neck softly breathing deeply. "It's been a long day." I ran my fingers through his wet hair until the door opened.