23

I had changed out of my dress not long after. I needed a breather from the situation. And going upstairs to change into leggings and a hoodie gave me a minute to collect my thoughts. Shawn was right. None of us liked the reason she's here. Especially Greyson.

I went back downstairs and found the boys in the office, talking, strategizing. "They only sent her here to make you uncomfortable. You have history with her." I sat down, listening and Greyson's eyes caught mine. He wasn't responding to them. But I knew by the look in his eyes he's expecting something to happen soon- something bad. His finger beckoned me towards him and I obliged, making my way towards the desk. He moved out from under it and sat me in his lap, rubbing his hand on my thigh. He rested his head on the back of mine, taking in a deep breath before kissing my neck softly. He shifted me a little bit to the side, so I was leaned against the plush arm of the chair and my legs were over his lap. "I know why they sent her of all people. The bigger issue is why is she with them. More importantly how long." Greyson said finally. "According to Grouper she hasn't been around long. He went back in her medical history and she was only released from a very high security mental institution about 3 months ago. No doubt they assisted in her release." Caleb said. "They must think she'll be useful in some manner. Is there anything she could have found out back then?" Shawn asked. Grey waved his hand dismissively. "I never kept anything business related at the beach house. And she was never there alone. Ever." They slumped in their chairs. "If we're being quite blunt, there's no emotional connection of anykindwith her." He said, glancing at me. "But given her mental health background, she could have an altered memory of things. Make it seem like there was a real relationship there that they could use against you." I said. He hummed, still looking at me. "Either way, we know she's low on the totem pole. She's disposable." Caleb shrugged. "And like I said earlier, they have no idea who or what happened to Damien, they're speculating now. And trust me, they'll never find out. We're not, by a long shot, the only ones who had it out for him. We're just high on the list. They won't do anything yet, not until they have a solid reason. With him gone, they have to be sure because they'll be starting a war they know they'll loose." Grey smirked at Shawn's last comment. But his grip on my thigh tightened again. "Yes. But with that being said there's no reason to believe they still won't try something stupid. We're back to high security, at the office too even though I'm not there. Juliet is not to be out of sight unless she's with me. My family as well. And I want someone keeping an eye on her family. Now that Hailey knows they're in town I can't be too cautious." They nodded. And my anxiety spiked. "That's all for tonight boys. Call in Angelo and D for the night, get some rest. I have a feeling we won't be getting much in the coming weeks." He tugged on his hair, leaning back. "Alright boss. I'll send someone out to the hotel tonight too. Your family is already covered." Grey nodded. "I'll get in touch with Fretta and we'll talk more tomorrow." They nodded again, leaving the office and out the door. "I can't have anything happen to them." I said, for the first time truly worried. He soothingly rubbed my legs. "I know baby. Don't worry, they'll be fine. All of our hotels are highly secure to begin with." He tried to assure me. "Besides, I know there's no way in hell your family is traveling without any protection. Not with the way you shoot." He joked and I laughed lightly. "You're not wrong."

My Dad and brother always conceal carry. It doesn't matter where they are, it's just how it is. My mom does as well, but I know they sleep with a loaded gun next to the bed, just in case. When I moved I never had the chance to get my concealed carry permit in Washington, I wasn't even a resident until a few months ago when Greyson had filled out the paperwork for me. But I know he keeps guns in the house, even if I don't know where all of them are.

"Come on angel, we should get some sleep too." He finally said after we'd been reading files someone dropped off to Caleb during the party. "Are you actually going to sleep?" I asked seriously, knowing he likes to put me to bed and slip back down to work. He chuckled and nodded. "Yes, baby." He said cradling me and standing up. "Put me down!" I whined. "Just let me hold you." He whined back. I rolled my eyes, going limp in his arms. He chuckled, easily holding my dead weight. "Angel, I could do this all day." He walked up the stairs and basically tossed me on the bed like a rag doll. "Well that was rude." I huffed, tossing my hair out of my face. He just laughed, taking off his clothes. "Let's get some sleep, baby. We must be well rested for the party tomorrow night." I pulled off my pants and shirt, tossing them into the hamper and Grey tossed me his shirt. I smiled, pulling it on and cuddling into the bed. Grey went into the bathroom and I reached up turning off the lamp on my side. When he came back he did the same, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my head.