7

"What?" "We. Should. Get. Married." He repeated, slowly. I sucked in a deep breath. "Greyson..." He sighed, sitting back. "At some point, Jules, this relationship has to grow or it will die." I've known that Greyson has always been serious about his marriage jokes but I've always brushed them off thinking he's crazy. But his tone and facial expressions were dead serious.

~~

I will admit Ive unintentionally distanced myself from Greyson since the whole marriage thing. It's not that I don't love him enough, it's just that there's so much we don't know about each other. Or at least me. There's a list of things from my past he has no idea about and I cannot go into a marriage unless it's 100% open and honest. It's not that I've intentionally lied about anything or think Greyson has. It's just complicated. My past is complicated.

I'll admit I was nervous. Possibly the most I've ever been. I waited for Greyson to get home, starring at the folder in front of me. God, what am I thinking?

"Jules!" I heard him call as the front door opened. I jumped a little. "In here!" I called back. He walked in with a smile on his face, as usual. "Hey baby, what's going on?" His eyebrows furrowed when he saw me and he removed his tie, sitting down. I took a deep breath. "Well, you want to marry me, right?" He chuckled, leaning back with an interested look on his face. He hummed and nodded. "There are some things you should know about me first, things from before we met." I slid the folder to him and he cocked his head to the side. "The only thing that matters to me is what's happened since we've met." I shook my head. "The only way I can ever say yes is to know that you know exactly what you're getting into." He sighed, looking confused, but none the less opened the folder.

I watched him for probably 20 minutes as he read through the papers. Finally, he closed the folder and looked up at me. "I don't care." He shrugged. "Greyson you can't-" "I don't care." He said slower, getting out of his chair and crouching next to me. "None of that defines you as a person. You are the same person I love with or without that happening." "But that's not even everything, there's other things you don't know about." I frowned. I wanted him to know everything, so I knew he wouldn't go running for the hills. "Jules, I don't need to know everything. Who you are now is enough for me." I sighed and went to speak but he shushed me. He kissed my head. "Stay here." He mumbled, leaving the room.

He came back and I watched as he sat down again, this time handing me a folder. "If you're going to be 100% honest and open then so will I." I opened the folder and looked at him. "You're criminal record?" He nodded. "Only some of that is public knowledge." He shrugged, not really caring. "Well, I will say you have a talent for getting arrested." He laughed, shaking his head. "Honestly, you couldn't be more perfect for me if you tried." He grinned. "I think my shit is a bit more than yours, Greyson. Your petty arrest record isn't even the bad shit you do. I may not know everything but I know just vaguely enough to know your dark activities don't even compare to these. But you didnt know any of this about me, what I'm caps blue of. You should know." He shook his head. "You're adopted. So what?" I laughed, rolling my eyes. "Yeah, it's that simple." I scoffed.

"I will always have that past Greyson. I will always carry the guilt around of knowing that I killed my own father." He shook his head again, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him. He pulled me into his lap. "You shouldn't feel any guilt for what happened. You were a child. You were protecting your mother. You did nothing wrong." He said the last sentence slowly. "But if I am capable of that, and other things who knows-" he cut me off, kissing me. He held me closely. "Juliet, listen to me. You stopped a terrible person from doing a terrible thing. You saved your mother. You did what anyone in that situation would want to do but may not have the courage to. You stopped the abuse for both of you. That doesn't make you a bad person. It makes you incredibly strong." He held my face in his hands. "As I said, that doesn't change in any way the way I feel about you." I searched his face, studying it. "I love you, Jules. No matter what." He whispered, resting his forehead against mine. "I love you." I whispered back, letting my eyes flutter closed.

"So..now that that's out of the way." Greyson looked over at me on the couch. I raised my eyebrows. "Juliet Davidson, will you marry me?" I laughed, rolling my eyes. "What? No ring? No big proposal?" I joked. He grinned, reaching over the couch where his jacket was and pulled out a box. He opened it and smiled at me a beautiful smile. "Whatcha say baby?" The ring was beautiful, not that it honestly mattered. I paused, thinking. "Hmm....I don't know." He rolled his eyes, taking the ring out of the box and putting it on my finger. He pulled me into his lap. "Just say yes so I can stop being worried and we can have amazing engagement sex." I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Yes." I whispered against his lips. "Yes?" He questioned laughing. I nodded. "Yeah, asshole." He chuckled, picking me up by my thighs. "A lot of things are going to change from now on baby doll, are you ready for that?" He asked, laying me down and kissing down my stomach. "Greyson..." I trailed off, tugging on his hair, bringing his face to mine. He hummed. "Shut up and fuck me."
.
.
.
Geez, it's been a long time since I've updated! Busy busy busy! I appreciate you guys sticking around and reading this story! As I said before, I try to find time to write as much as I can, I just don't want to rush it for the sake of time and put out a shorty chapter just to have a chapter put up. I hope you guys don't mind! Much love 🧡
- T