18

I woke up to the smell of bacon. And let me tell you, that smell was one I was more than familiar with and I immediately shot out of bed and stumbled downstairs. My lovely husband stood shirtless, a towel tossed over his shoulder and soft humming escaping his lips. I admired for a moment before my eyes fixated on the already cooked plate of crispy goodness. I snuck up behind him and as I wrapped my arm around his torso he jumped, holding his chest. I let out a soft chuckle and grabbed a piece of bacon quickly. "Good morning." I said through bites and kissed him. He smiled down at me. "Good morning angel. We have a big day planned." I raised my eyebrows. "Not necessarily a big day, but an exciting one." He sat a plate of bacon pilled high in front of me and I gave him a loving smile. "Usually every year for the holidays I hire someone to decorate the house for my annually party but this year I figured we'd go out and buy a tree to decorate." He smiled proudly. I'll be honest, I've never really liked Christmas, but the adolescent look of a puppy on his face made me excited about it. I smiled. "That sounds great babe." "We'll go after breakfast." He kissed my head, sitting next to me with his coffee and well balanced plate compared to mine.

Deciding to be festive I dressed in a green, red and off white striped sweater and black skinny jeans. Greyson had on a dark green long sleeve and black jeans as well. We unintentionally matched but it was subtle. I walked out of the closet and Greyson was sitting on the edge of the bed, waiting. "When is your moms fundraiser?" I asked and he looked up, smiling at me. "It's next weekend. I like to do mine first because it's smaller and more casual." I rolled my eyes playfully. "Nothing any of you do is casual." He chuckled and stood up, kissing me.

"That will not fit in the entrance, you're crazy." I shook my head at him and huge tree he wanted to get. "Jules, look at this beauty. We gotta take it home!" I held my ground, shaking my head. "Fine." He pouted, turning away from it. "It literally won't fit in the house babe, what about this one?" I asked pointing to another huge tree but one I knew would actually fit. He made a face and sighed. "I suppose." I laughed, wrapping my arms around him. "I'm not forcing you to get it, I'm just saying that one will fit." He looked at the tree again then back to me. "I love it." He cracked a grin and I couldn't help but laugh.

Due to the fact the tree was still huge as fuck, we took advantage of their delivery system and went to the store for decorations. Apparently every year there's kinda a different color scheme. Greyson said he hadn't chosen one yet so we ended up stuck in a store starring at a rainbow of Christmas decor.

"Do you think we bought enough?" He asked. I looked at him like he was crazy. "Grey, we literally have 42 bags." He sighed. "I just want Christmas to be perfect. It's our first one together." My heart warmed and I dropped the garland and wrapped my arms around his torso. "Any day I get to spend with you is perfect. We don't need any of this to have an amazing holiday together, it's all just icing on the cake." He grinned and hugged me closer. "I love you so much." "I love you more."

As I said before Christmas was never really a favorite. I remember even when I was really little we never really celebrated it, I'd get a gift or two from school and whatnot but my parents never did holidays. Which is ironic considering I killed my own father on Christmas Eve. And ended up and orphan on New Year's Day. My family respects that I don't like the holidays and lets me be however I do always give gifts and even though I tell them not to, I receive them as well. I have a feeling Grey is trying to make up for all those years with the "perfect Christmas" but I've honestly never been happier in my life nor did I think it was possible for me to be truly happy. And I'm beyond excited to give him his gift this year. He does so much and cares so deeply it's only fair he is treated the same.

.
.
Short chapter I know! I'm sorry! Life is crazy!

I don't typically leave personal notes but I'm kinda in need of advice and I feel it might be best from an outside perspective. I'm not sure what age group reads this story but I hope some of you guys have some input. (I hope you're at least 18)

Anywho, I just had a birthday on August 29 and I'm really thinking about my next steps in life. I still love at home, I have a job, I pay all of my own bills and I'm really only there to sleep. My mom and I don't really get along ever and she has a tendency to call me names etc. I really want to leave my home state and move away from family that really doesn't give a shit about me and tells me everything I do is wrong and 2 friends who only use me for my money. And my job literally treats me like shit and gives everyone raises and stuff but not me even though I've been there since the company opened so I only make $11/hour. I have such bad anxiety I'm scared to leave and be on my own but I know that my mental health literally can't take it anymore before I like actually drive off a cliff. I don't know what to do and i have some savings but like not more than a month on my own. I really need some life advice and a vote on wether I should move to flordia or not.

Sorry if you don't care about my notes, you don't have to read them but thank you for the support on my stories!