24

Last night I was the one who couldn't sleep. I laid there, worrying about my family and about what's to come. I've always had little regard for my own life but my family- they're good people who don't deserve anything to happen. They took an orphan in and raised me as their own. They've done nothing but love me and give me an amazing life. And I'd rather die than see anything happen to any of them, especially if it's my fault. I couldn't get my mind off Hailey and why she came back. And it got to the point where after a few hours I slipped out of the bed, grabbing my computer and going downstairs.

I spent too much time googling her and digging up dirt. There were police reports from the night she threw a rock at Greys house. Quite a bit of her life was public, apparently her ex husband was a well regarded surgeon for celebrities. However there's no records of her being in a mental institution. Which I find strange.

I sighed, closing the computer. I ran my hands through my hair. If I don't stop now I'll stress my self out so much I'll lose my shit. I got up from Greyson's desk and walked into the kitchen, flipping the light on. I made a glass of tea and stood there drinking it. I heard the sound of glass breaking and my eyes shot around the room. I didn't see where I was from so I know they didn't see me yet. I ran up the stairs and practically jumped on Greyson. "Grey!" I yell whispered. His eyes shot open and he was alert. "What's wrong?" He asked quickly and o got off him, running to the safe in our closet. "There's someone in the house. I heard a window break downstairs." I grabbed my gun and loaded it quickly and Grey was by my said in seconds. "Did you see them?" He asked, already dialing Calebs number while he also grabbed his gun. "No, they didn't see me either." He nodded. We heard sounds coming from down stairs and you could tell there was more than one person. "There's someone in the house. Who's close?" "Good. Get here. Shawn too." His voice was sharp and quick before he hung up. "Alright baby. I know you're built for this. But stay behind me please." I nodded, knowing nows not the time for a lecture about me being a big girl. Grey went out first, gun drawn and I followed. We got to the top of the stairs and i crouched down. "Stay here." He said sternly, starting to walk down. By the sound of it they were in his office and you can't see the stairs from inside. He went down, turning the corner sharply and looked up at me, nodding. I went down too, quietly. "There's three. They're all in the office." As if in cue from the back door emerged Caleb and another guy I wasn't familiar with. Caleb looked towards the office and said something to the guy before Greyson nodded they they started moving towards the doors. He kept me closely behind him. "Where the fuck is it?" We heard one of them say. "She said his files would be here." One of the others said. We heard foot steps approaching the door and the second his foot was out of the office Caleb had hit him over the head with his gun, knocking him out. He fell to the ground with a thud. "What was that?" "Dave?" The other two came out to four guns pointed at them and before they had a chance to even think about raising theirs Greyson spoke. "I think you know enough about me to know that it's not a good idea." He said with dead eyes. They lowered them to the floor and Caleb started putting restraints on them and the other guy. When he was done Grey turned to me. "Angel, go get dressed and bring me down my hoodie please. I don't want you excluded." He kissed me softly and I nodded.

I put on a pot of coffee because I'm sure we could all use it before I brought Grey his hoodie. "Thank you." He said giving me a soft smile. I nodded. All three of them were tied to chairs in the office, even the still unconscious one. "Don't you want to know who we work for?" One of them asked. Greyson chuckled, ignoring him. "Jessie, Shawn should be arriving soon with Archie. Secure the perimeter." Jessie nodded, walking away. "Why Hailey?" Caleb asked. One of them smirked. "Are you sure you wanna ask these questions in front of your new wife?" I rolled my eye as they looked to me and Greyson grabbed his jaw roughly. "Don't fucking look at her. Talk." He looked me dead in the eyes and smirked. "Juliet Grace Davidson, born in Charlottesville, Virginia to parents-" he was cut off by a bullet in his head. I didn't even flinch, my eyes were still locked on him. "Your turn. And don't make the same mistake." Greyson seethed, glancing to me. My eyes met his and I gave him a brief nod signaling I was okay. The other guy looked to the lifeless body next to him and gulped. "Hailey came to us- Damian. She said that she had information on you, but she wouldn't say what. Damian and her had some sort of deal and she freaked out when he went missing. I don't know why Hailey. I don't know what she has. She said there would be files here on Damians corporation and off the books business." Greyson chuckled, walking towards me. "I'm sorry for all the hassle, Angel. And I'm sorry you had to see that." He stroked my cheek, kissing me softly. "Caleb, take them to the office please. We need rest for the party tonight." Caleb and the other guy nodded and started making phone calls. Shawn and another guy walked in. The other guy went toward the broken window and started cleaning it up. "They're low level. They know nothing. The guy on the floor may know more. Take them to the office." Shawn nodded, walking over to Caleb. Grey grabbed my hand and walked us towards the stairs. "They're nobody baby. Tonight after the party we'll go to your old apartment for the night." I nodded, still a little spaced out.