5

The look of happiness on Caroline's face when we entered made my heart swell. "Back so soon?!" She asked excitedly. "What a treat!" She hugged Greyson tightly and me next. "I'm so glad to see you back as well." She gave Greyson a look of interest and he pulled me closer, grinning. She lead us to a booth and we slid in. "I will be right back." She smiled, walking away. "Is she always so happy?" He chuckled, opening the menu. "Ever since I can remember." I smiled, glancing up at him to see him already looking at me. "Stop." I bit my lip, looking down again. "Stop what? Admiring you?" I rolled my eyes playfully. "You're making me nervous." He chuckled. "Alrighty, What can I get you dears?" Caroline smiled at us, holding a pad in her hand.

"Please do come back soon, Greyson. I just love when you visit!" Caroline squeezed him tight, Greyson slipping money into her pocket as usual. "I don't think you need to worry about that Caroline. I think you'll be seeing a lot more of both of us." He said with a mischievous glint in his eyes. I raised my eyebrows at him and just smiled, lacing our fingers together. "Thank you, Caroline. Once again I will be thinking about your food for weeks to come." She smiled, hugging me tightly. "You're too sweet. Both of you." We said our final goodbyes before leaving.

"I could stay here forever." Greyson chuckled, kissing my head. "I could too." He said, hugging me closer. We sat in the back of the trunk, watching the sunset. "But we've gotta go back tomorrow." I said looking up at him. He hummed. "I know. But at least you'll be there with me." I rolled my eyes playfully. "We'll be back soon though." He smiled down at me.

We fell asleep cuddled up, watching tv. We had to get up early because Greyson had to be at work, so we wanted to get some sleep.

I woke up to the shower running and stretched before getting out of bed. I slipped off my clothes as I walked into the bathroom. I opened the shower door and he turned around. "Good morning sleepy." He grinned. I smiled, closing the door behind me and kissing him quickly. "You couldn't get more beautiful if you tried." He kissed my shoulder lightly, grinning against my skin. "Is it in your nature to be so cheesy or do you go out of your way?" He chuckled, tossing his head back. "I go out of the way for you baby." I laughed. "Now hurry up, we've gotta get going." He said slapping my ass.

"Are you sure you don't want to come back to work?" He mumbled, holding onto me tightly. I smiled, kissing him. "I don't think that's a good idea." He sighed, resting his forehead against mine. "I promise I'll be here when you get home." A smile tugged on his lips. "Fine. I guess I'll go to work. But I'm not happy about it." He pouted. "Stop trying to guilt trip me, Grey. Go. I'll see you later." I laughed, pushing him out the door. "I love you!" He called from the hallway. "I love you." I called back, laughing.

"Shawn I am fine." I sighed. "I am just following orders, Juliet." "Fine." I huffed, getting in my car. Greyson's name popped up on my phone and I answered, putting it on speaker. "Hey babe! Have you left yet?" He asked. "Leaving now, with Shawn following." I grumbled the last part. "Alright, be safe. Shawn is still a nonnegotiable, though he won't be around quite as much anymore. See you when you get here." "Yeah yeah, I've heard that before. See you soon." "Thank you, Jules. I love you." He sang. I hummed and we hung up.

"Juliet!" Kensey squealed excitedly, jumping out of her chair. I smiled, hugging her. "Where have you been? Are you coming back to work?" She asked quickly, a smile on her face. "I've been around. And no, I'm not. Just visiting." She frowned. "Aw, I was hoping you'd be back. Things are different without you." I smiled softly. "How's the baby?" Her eyes lit up. "Oh my god! You have to meet her! She's the light of my life!" I smiled as she showed me pictures.

I stepped off the elevator to see Julia sitting at her desk as usual. Her eyes moved from the screen to me to see who was here. Her eyes widened and she grinned. "Juliet!" She smiled as I approached the desk. "What are you doing here?" I couldn't help but chuckle at the fact she knew absolutely nothing about mine and Greyson's relationship. "I'm here to see Greyson." I smiled. "Oh really? Are you here to get your job back? It still hasn't been filled." I shook my head. "No, sadly I will not be coming back to work." She frowned and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Julia! Have you seen the files for-" Greyson stopped when he saw me. He smiled and walked over. "Wow, that almost sounded like you were being nice." I commented at his tone towards Julia. He laughed, wrapping his arm around me and kissing my head. I rolled my eyes, looking back at Julia who sat there with shock. "You're...the two of you... all this time?" She mumbled out, trying to put things together. To my surprise Greyson laughed. "For all the office gossip you hear, I'm surprised you never figured it out." He said playfully. Julia looked baffled as she looked between us. "I mean, there were always rumors. I guess now it explains why you never really cared when he was in a bad mood." She thought out loud. "Would you believe it's been since I started working here?" Her eyes widened again. "Oh my god! How were you not bothered by all my questions?" She asked, mortified. I just laughed and shrugged.

"Geez." She sat back in her chair, taking in the new information. "Jules and I will be out for lunch, you're welcome to go out and get something if you'd like, we'll have an hour and a half break." Greyson said to Julia before walking into his office for his things. "Holy shit, Jules! I can't believe you never said anything!" Julia whisper yelled. "But if this is the mood he's going to be in from now on, I love it." I laughed. "I'm not much of a sharer, but I just figured everyone already kinda knew. Apparently I was wrong." "Ready babe?" Greyson asked. I nodded. "I'll see you later Julia! We'll definitely have to catch up!" She nodded quickly as we left into the elevator. The second the door closed Greyson had me pushed against the wall. "You look absolutely amazing today." He smiled, taking my face into his hands. I smiled too, resting my hands on his hips. He placed a soft kiss on my lips, holding me close. "God I miss you at work." I chuckled, pushing some loose pieces of hair out of his face. "It's been like 5 hours, Grey." I smiled. He groaned. "I know, that's a long time." I shook my head as the elevator stopped and we got off. He laced his fingers in mine as we walked to the parking garage. I waved to Kensey as we passed and she also gave me back a shocked look. I just laughed at how crazy this situation is. If I were them I'd probably be shocked too.

.
.
.
.
This is kind of a slow chapter. I was trying to find a good way to transition back into how the characters used to interact with each other. Bring back that playful light atmosphere.

Sorry for the long update time. I've been working pretty much like 8-10 hours every day for the past couple weeks so I haven't really had time to write. My goal is to have updated about every 3-4 days.

Thank you guys for all the support on not only the original story but also the sequel! It's had crazy growth over the past few weeks! Much love 🧡