47

My body hit the ground before he got there, and all of my senses started to come back like I was in a movie and everything was now moving so fast. "Fuck Juliet what the fuck were you thinking." Greysons hands immediately pressed on the wound and I let out a cry. Shawn moved me a little, causing me to wince and let out a struggled scream. "She needs a doctor now, the bullets still inside her." He said and everyone's facial expressions changed, rushing around. "God fucking damnit." Greyson screamed, panic in his voice. Greyson tore off half his shirt with one hand, balling up the fabric. He moved his hand, blood rushing out of my stomach as he lifted my shirt. "This is going to hurt baby." He said before shoving the fabric into the wound. I screamed, my vision blurring from the pain and lost blood. "I know baby, I know. But you're not fucking dying on my watch." I had tears streaming down my face as Greyson lifted me off the ground. He was careful with me, trying not to bend me too much as he rushed to the car.

I struggled to stay conscious during the car ride. I wasn't 100% sure of what was going on but Shawn was on the phone screaming and Greyson kept shaking me. Finally I let my eyes flutter shut and the pain slowly faded away.

~~~

I woke up screaming in pain. "Motherfucker!" Was the first thing that few out of my mouth. I looked around panicked. Greyson held me down, reassuring me that I was okay. Meanwhile a random fucking strangers hand was in my side. "Who the fuck are you?!" I screamed, trying to get away from his grasp, only making the pain worse. "Juliet stop." Greyson said, pinning my arms down. I basically growled, looking up at him. "I'm trying to fucking help you." The guy said, still digging his fingers into my flesh. The pain was almost unbearable.

We were now in what looked like a hotel suite, me on the kitchen counter. Shawn held my feet and some of Greysons men lingered around. I'm sure the rest were instructed to clean up the former mess.

"Finally!" The guy said, pulling his hand out of me and dropping metal on the counter. "The hard parts over. The bullet wasn't in any organs nor does it look like it hit any. She'll be okay. I'm going to patch her up enough for you to go to the doctor." He said looking to Greyson and I laid there letting out a big breath, the major pain subsiding for a minute now that his grubby fat fingers weren't poking around inside me. "You're going to be okay baby." Grey said, kissing my head. "I get shot and instead of taking me to a doctor you let some weird guy dig around in my organs?" I asked angrily, not being able to really move without flinching pain.

"The weird guy is Dr. West. Certified general surgeon. If you were taken into the hospital around here in this condition the police would have to be alerted. I, however, owe your husband a few favors so I will not be calling the police. Which I think you prefer." He said and I made a face at his attitude to which Greyson and Shawn laughed. "You may know my husband but you damn sure don't know me. I don't give a shit if you're a certified rocket scientist, I don't want random hands inside my fucking flesh." He ignored me, cleaning the wound and patching it up.

"Well you were dying and I am a doctor. So I don't really give a shit what you wanted either, it's my job to save lives." I rolled my eyes at the arrogant man. "He's doing as instructed, Juliet. You should be thanking him." Greyson said, an underlining hint of anger in his voice now that he knew I would be fine. "I don't want to hear it, Grey." I muttered. He clenched his jaw but didn't say anything.

Dr. Dumbfuck stitched my gunshot wound up on the kitchen counter before leaving. I laid there for a while, listening to everyone talking about me like I wasn't here. After a bit everyone but Greyson left and the pain medicine started kicking in. As I moved to sit up and get off the counter Greyson rushed over to me. "I know you like to think you're invincible but you've lost a lot of blood we couldn't replace and you're very much not as in the clear as I'd like you to be." He said, steadying me and helping me down. "I just want to go to sleep," I sighed out. Greyson sighed too, guiding me over to the bed. I sat on the edge of it and he carefully helped me take off the blood stained remnants of clothing. "I'll be right back." He said softly.

He came back with a few wet washcloths and gently started to wipe the blood smears. I starred down at him, watching as his eyebrows furrowed, I could basically see the gears turning in his head. "Go on." I said finally. He looked up at me, giving me a questioning look. "Yell. Tell me how stupid I am. I know you're mad. Don't think just because I'm hurt I can't take it." I said and he starred at me for a minute before sighing.

"I'm not going to yell, Jules." He said, continuing his soft swipes of the washcloth. "Yes, I'm upset. I just don't get you sometimes. That wasn't our plan. We had a plan." He paused. "I don't know how many times I have to tell you just because you can handle all your pain on your own doesn't mean you have to."

I sighed, reaching out to run my fingers through his hair despite the pain shooting up my side. "I know. We had a plan. And I had every intention of sticking to that plan. But y'all didn't see what I saw. Something in him changed. His last little shred of humanity was gone. I couldn't live with myself if a single person got hurt because of me. Let alone you." I gave him a sad smile. "I couldn't live without you. If I made it out alive and something happened to you as a result of my actions I truly would not be able to survive without you, Grey." A tear slid down my cheeks just thinking about it. "But you. I know that if something happened to me you'd make it out okay. You'd have people there to help you. You're strong enough to handle losing me." I said.

His hands immediately froze and he looked up at me. "Is that what you think?" He asked, no hint of anger, only concern. I nodded. He sat down the washcloth that was now stained red and wrapped his arms around my butt. "The moment I saw you collapse I saw my life flash before my eyes. I saw every single bit of my happiness fading right in front of my eyes. It's only you angel. You are my world, my life, my everything. The reality is that if you would have died tonight I would spend the rest of my days on earth absolutely miserable and useless without you. I might be able to survive to get by simply existing as a shell of myself but I wouldn't live. No part of me would be alive if you ever get taken away from me."

I kissed him softly. "We're both here. No one's losing anyone. We'll get through this together like everything else." I said softly. He nodded. "Yes we will, baby. No more secrets." I nodded, cracking a slight smile. "No more secrets, I promise. You officially know all my skeletons on a personal level." I said and he chuckled, standing from the floor and discarding the washcloths. "And I only love you more." He kissed me softly. He slid one of his shirts over my head and I winced slightly. "Don't worry, my love. Everything will be better tomorrow." He said, helping me to the side of the bed and laid me down. "I promise, I'll fix everything." He mumbled, turning off the lights and laying next to me. I moved slightly to cuddle against him and he reluctantly wrapped his arm around me, careful not to get anywhere close to my stomach.

"I love you more than you could ever imagine. Thank you, Grey." I said softly before easily slipping into a deep sleep. Me and my body were completely exhausted.

.
Hi everyone, I have decided to take this story off hold after the amount of messages I received. Please be patient with updates though as I'm going through a lot right now. I appreciate all the kind words and love as always.
Ps- I've added a link on my profile if anyone would like to buy me a coffee. Unfortunately Wattpad doesn't pay most of its writers and writing is very time consuming. Of course I do it because I enjoy it but it never hurts to ask for support from your community ❤️