37

A few hours later and I was out of surgery, awake and on pain meds. "I'm fine, Greyson, really." I promised, squeezing his hand. "I'll feel better when I hear it from Tim's mouth." He said sternly. As if on cue he walked in. "Mr. Reynolds's. Mrs. Reynolds's." He said shaking Greysons hand. "Sorry to see you again under the circumstances, Tim." Greyson said. The man nodded. "It's quite unfortunate. Thankfully the wound wasn't deep enough to cut any vital organs or anything like that. She did lose quite a bit if blood but not enough for a transfusion. You are going to feel pretty weak as your body works to heal itself. And there will be a lot of pain. Your wound was a decent size and it's going to take some time before you're feeling like yourself again. Don't try to do too much at once. I do unfortunately have some bad news." He paused and I looked from him to Greyson. I gripped Greysons hand tighter and he kissed my knuckles. "I am incredibly sorry to say your pregnancy was no longer viable. The impact of the crash caused the placenta to separate from your uterus unfortunately causing a miscarriage." He said and I was shocked. "I'm sorry- you said I was pregnant?" I asked, processing it. He flipped the page, reading over notes. "Yes, roughly 10-12 weeks. It's likely you wouldn't have noticed any symptoms unless you were actively trying for a child, you were still really early." "I thought I was unable to get pregnant." He nodded. "Upon looking over your medical records we had sent over it does look like the surgery you had when you were younger left you with quite a bit of scar tissue in your uterus making it extremely unlikely you'd get pregnant and be able to carry a baby to full term however it's not completely impossible." I finally looked at Greyson who not only looked like he had been ran over a truck but looked completely defeated. "I'm so sorry- I will leave you two." "Before you go- has my husband been checkout out?" I asked quietly, still studying Greyson. "He has ma'am. He will likely feel some soreness the next few days and has some bruising but no major injuries." He said and I nodded. He closes the door behind him and Greysons eyes finally met mine. I can see he was trying go hold in his emotions. "Come here." I whispered, moving the arm on the bed. "No, I don't want to hurt you." I shook my head, tugging on his hand. "Trust me, I'm on plenty of pain medication." Greyson obliged, laying next to me and I held him tightly. "We had a baby." He whispered. And my heart broke. I've always known the likelihood of me having a child was very slim and if I did get pregnant it would be next to impossible for me to physically carry it. Buy Greyson hadn't had his whole life to prepare for that possibility. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. His head snapped up and his eyes met mine. He had tears running down his cheeks as did I now. "You dont need to apologize. This isn't your fault. You haven't done anything wrong." He said gently, grabbing my face and rubbing away my tears with his thumb. "I know how much you want a baby." I whispered, feeling incredibly guilty even though we've had this conversation. His whole mood changed and his tears dried. "Yes, angel. I would love to have a little human we create running around our home causing havoc but we don't need one. We have each other and I don't know about you but that's plenty for me. There are other ways we can have a baby in the future. And you shouldn't feel guilty for having a miscarriage. This isn't your fault. You did nothing wrong. It was the accident." He said slowly, making sure I understood his words. And I did. I slowly nodded. "I love you." I whispered, tears brimming my eyes again. "I love you." He kissed me softly before wrapping his arms around me tightly. "We'll be okay." He kissed my head, rubbing soothing circles on my back.

When I woke up the next morning Grey was still sleeping silently on the roll away bed they brought. "How are you feeling?" I asked Shawn who was leaning against the door. He softly chuckled. "I think I should be asking you that Jules." I narrowed my eyes at him. Shawn sighed, coming to sit in the chair by the bed. "I am fine. Some bruised ribs and small cuts but nothing to worry about." He said softly. "And Enzo?" I asked. "Enzo is okay. He has a minor concussion from the airbag and some bruising. He is resting, despite his many protests." I gave him a small smile. "That's good. Both of you need some rest." He laughed. "You don't need to worry about us, Juliet. We've all been through worse. We're all worried about you." He said, grabbing my hand. "We are very sorry to hear about your..." he trailed off. "The miscarriage?" I asked. He gave me sympathetic eyes. "Thank you, Shawn. I am okay. I have had most of my life to cope with the fact it's very unlikely I will have children of my own. Greyson has only had a few days to process that possibility. And for this to happen right after we had that talk I am worried about how he will be affected." I said looking over to the still sleeping Greyson. "He mentioned." My eyes snapped to Shawn. "He told you?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "He made it very clear to all staff no mention of you two starting a family was to be said. And he had told me that you were nervous and thought he'd be upset about it. Jules, I promise you when I say this: Greyson is the happiest I've ever seen him. Most of his life he also hasn't pictured himself with kids. When he met you though he said he could see himself as a family with you. That doesn't specifically mean children." He said sincerely, and knowing Shawn who doesn't get involved in my personal life anymore, he was telling the truth. "Thank you Shawn." I whispered, squeezing his hand. He nodded. "I'm going to go pick up some doctor approved food for you. I'll be back shortly. James and Kai and on guard in the mean time." He said. I nodded.

I laid there, on my side for a while, listening to the tv and studying Greyson. It was about 15 minutes later when he woke up and his sleepy eyes looked up at me. "Good morning." I gave him a small smile. A smile tugged on his lips and he rubbed his eyes, sitting up. "How are you feeling, angel?" he asked, standing up. "I'm fine." I said leaning up for a kiss. He chuckled softly and his lips met mine. "How are you feeling?" I asked. He gave me a sad smile, his thumb brushing over my cheek. "I think things happen for a reason. And whatever reason that may have been now was not our time." He said softly. I leaned into his touch, closing my eyes. "Ours is coming." I said gently, opening my eyes. They met his and I could tell he understood my double meaning. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you." I said back, kissing him again.