8

"You know, you could have gotten a ring out of a gum ball machine for all I care." Greyson scoffed. "Yeah, that's so in character of me." I laughed, rolling on my side to face him. "I'm sure you're gonna give me the line about everything being custom made again." He grinned, kissing me lightly. "Only the best." I rolled my eyes playfully. "Get used to it baby. Being a Reynolds comes with a high price tag." "And you assume I'll be a Reynolds?" I gave him a look. He gave me one back. "You're crazy if you think otherwise." "You're crazy if you think you get to decide that for me." I shot him a challenging look. "Over my dead body." He grunted. I rolled my eyes. "Asshole." I mumbled. He pulled me closer to him, kissing the top of my head. "I love you more than anything, Jules." I smiled to myself. "I know." A comfortable silence fell over us and I traced shapes on the back of his hand that was wrapped around me.

"You're serious?" She asked, completely shocked. I nodded, shrugging. "You. Juliet Davidson. Are engaged." She repeated. I nodded again, this time laughing. She paused, looking at me like I'm crazy. "You've sworn off dating for years, you've been interested in nothing but one night stands, claiming love is for losers and marriage is something only rich people do to show off their money or scam artist do to get money. And you're telling me you and Greyson are living together completely this time, all of your stuff is being moved into his house, you're in love with him and you're engaged to one of the worlds most eligible bachelors and richest men alive?" I laughed, nodding. "Yes, Marissa, that's exactly what I'm telling you. And after all this time I have fallen in love. And I've learned that Greyson is someone I want in my life forever." She blinked a few times before she squealed. "Oh my fuck Juliet! You're engaged!" She jumped up and down excitedly. I laughed. "Okay okay." I shrugged her off. "Your mom is going to have a fit! We have to talk about the dress and-" "Marissa" I cut her off. "I love you but if you keep talking I'm going to hurt you." She sighed. "Fine."

I stood in front of our mirror, picking apart my outfit, nervous. "What am I getting myself into?" I mumbled to myself. "You look perfect." I heard Greyson as he walked out of the closet. I sighed, turning to face him. "I don't look good enough for dinner." I flopped back on the bed. He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Baby, you're never like this. What's going on?" I sighed as he laid next to me. "What if they think I'm not good enough?" I whispered. A small smile formed on his lips. He tucked my hair behind my ear, stroking my cheek. "Angel. If only you knew...from the moment my family has met you they've fallen just as much in love with you as I have. You having a ring on your finger only makes you more family." I smiled softly at him. "Do you know how amazing you are?" He chuckled, kissing me softly. "Now come on, let's not keep them waiting." He kissed me once more, this time letting his lips linger. "I love you." I mumbled against his lips. He grinned. "I love you."

"Juliet! You look divine!" I smiled kindly at Houston. "Oh please! Look at you!" I smiled, hugging her. "Of course she looks divine!" Gerald came out, a grin on his face. He hugged me and we walked inside, where everyone else was talking and hanging around. Emeralds eyes lit up when she saw me. "Juliet!" She hugged me tightly. "We are so happy for you two." She smiled brightly. "If you didn't come along, I'm sure Greyson would have died alone!" She exclaimed and Greyson playfully rolled his eyes, hugging his mother. "Yeah yeah, I've heard it all before." I smiled at him. He wrapped his arm around my waist, kissing my head. Everyone's conversations resumed and I felt content enough standing in Greyson's arms, listening to him and his family talk.

"So when are y'all planning on the wedding?" Houston asked excitedly. Greyson smiled at me, knowing I didn't have an answer. "We haven't really started planning or anything. We just got engaged, Houston." Greyson said and she pouted. "As a Reynolds, it must be extravagant and classy." I heard a voice I wasn't familiar with. "Mom, it can be however they choose." Emerald smiled kindly at me. "Grandma, Juliet isn't one for the dramatics, we'll probably keep it small." Greyson squeezed my thigh. "Well you must be having her sign a prenup." I just about spit my water out. My eyes were wide at her insinuating that I might be with him for his money. "Jude." The man sitting next to her said harshly. "Mom, I don't think that is very appropriate. Greyson and Juliet can handle things how'd they like." "All I'm saying is Greyson should protect the empire he's built."

Greyson could tell I felt uncomfortable. "I will let this be known now. I have no intentions on making Juliet sign anything. And I have no intentions of trying to please anyone with our wedding except Juliet and myself. If you cannot respect that, then you will not be invited." He said sharply. Everyone seemed to be in agreement except his grandma. She made a face before standing and walking into the kitchen. Greyson sighed. "I'm sorry, Jules." He kissed my head, giving me a weak smile before walking in after her. "Don't worry about her, dear. She's very set in her ways." The man who was sitting next to her said. Emerald nodded. "She's a bit snobby if we're being honest." Huston said. "I'm going to talk to Greyson." I said, excusing myself.

I heard their voices. "It is my money. Not the family's money. Not that it's any of your business but Juliet is not in this for the money. Hell I don't care if she spends it all, let her. I love her and if that isn't enough for you then I don't want you around. You make a choice. You accept my relationship as it is or we will not have one." She noticed me standing there and made another face. "I'm sorry to interrupt, I was just seeing if everything was okay. I don't want to be the cause of any arguments." Greyson gave me a smile. "Everything is fine babygirl. I think we should call it a night." He said nodding, walking towards me. "You're too sweet angel." He whispered, kissing my head. We walked back to the dining room and Greyson announced we'd be leaving. No one really objected, they just said they support us and hope to have dinner again soon.

Greyson had me pushed against the car door, his lips locked onto mine. We finally pulled away, and he smiled brightly down at me. "I love you more than anything, please don't let my grandmothers attitude distract from that. Fuck a prenup, I could care less about the money. You know that right?" I nodded and smiled at his concern. "Of course I know that, Grey. I love you." I kissed him softly and he smiled. "Good. Now let's go home." We got into the sleek black car and drove back home, our home.

.
Geez, it's been nearly a month since I've updated. I feel so uninspired lately, probably because every free moment I have I sleep 😂
Anywho, hope you're still interesting and not too mad at me!
As usual, thank you guys for the support!