49

I sat on the edge of our bed, it felt like an eternity had passed since I'd been here. Greyson walked back in from the bathroom and smiled down at me. "We're both done right? No more criminal leaders, no more psychotic serial killers, no more freak accidents?" He asked and I cracked a smile. "I'm done if you're done." He chuckled, placing a kiss on my lips before pulling the shirt I had on over my head.

I stood up to face him and his eyes fell to my stomach. The scar from the accident sat maybe an inch from my stitches. Most of the bruising all across my stomach and side had dissipated, leaving very faint signs of them directly around the cut. "Does it hurt?" He asked, brushing his thumb over the previous scar. I shrugged. "Not really. With as much pain as I was in before we got home I'm shocked. It really just feels like I fell and got a bad bruise." I shrugged, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Drake had said I was pretty much cleared to do whatever I wanted besides the obvious like heavy lifting or acrobatics. Truthfully the wound wasn't that bad, it was only about 3 inches to begin with and after two weeks of constant attention and care you definitely couldn't tell I had been shot a couple weeks ago. And more importantly it didn't feel like it, the accident aftermath had felt way worse. Granted there were other circumstances contributing.

Greyson gently placed his hands on my hips, kissing me softly. I felt all of the weight of everything that's happened disappear as he pulled me closer. I tangled my hands on his hair and his hands moved down my butt and he hesitated pulling away slightly. "I promise you I'm fine Grey, I'll let you know if it hurts." I said softly and he lifted my thighs up, wrapping them  around his hips. I smiled down at him as he walked into the bathroom where the shower was already running.

Greyson sat on the bench in the shower, leaning back, admiring me. "You're so beautiful." He mumbled, trailing his hands up and down my bare thighs. I flashed him a smile and he leaned forward, leaving kisses across my collar bone and down my chest. His hands gripped my ass as his lips grazed my nipple, leaving sloppy kisses. I let out a soft moan and I felt him smile against my skin. "I couldn't imagine never getting to have you this close to me again, I'm so glad you're okay." He said and I ran my fingers through his hair, peppering soft kisses all over his face. "I'm not that easy to get rid of." I joked and he just let out a soft chuckle. "Thank you for always being there, Grey." I said more seriously and he responded by kissing me again.

It had felt like forever since I had had his hands and lips all over my body. I arched my back into him as I felt him fill me. Everything felt so worth it in that moment. All of the mistakes we had both made to get to where we were in life. Everything that lead to the people we became. It was all worth it knowing this is my forever, he's my forever. And truth be told, no matter how much I may regret things, I wouldn't change a single thing to risk not having this.

~

"Grey." I called, pulling the hoodie over my head as I made my way down the stairs. I got no response but once I rounded the corner and could see the living room I was shocked. Everyone was here. All eyes were on me as I approached and stood next to Greyson. "Everything okay?" I asked, looking over all the men in our home. Greyson chuckled. "I told the boys not to crowd you after getting out of the hospital. Apparently that message didn't stick. They're all here to see you." I looked over them in shock. "Me? Why?" I looked confused and Shawn stepped forward. "I think I can answer that." "Despite your uncanny ability to never follow orders, you put us first. You saw every single one of us as family, protecting all of our lives even if that meant losing yours. We've all been in this business for many years and it's not often we get protected over protecting. What you did was stupid, yes. But you knew the second we walked in there that if the original plan were to go down we would have lost men, and you put yourself on the line for us. You are our family, Juliet. You've protected us and all of us will protect you. You have our utmost respect." Shawn said.

I looked up at Greyson and he smiled at me. I looked over everyone and they gave me slight head nods, showing they agreed. "I think in light of recent events I should make the team aware of something." Greyson said. Everyone's attention turned to him as he spoke. "Upon Juliet and I getting married I had a lot of paperwork to go through. I've always known Juliet would take care of things should anything happen to me. But knowing you all have that confidence and respect for her now, it's only fair to share. If anything ever happens to me Juliet is the only person with access to everything. Her name is filed on all of my businesses, on all of the bank accounts, everything. While I will not speak for her or her thoughts on taking my position should it ever have to happen, I will say she is my first choice. And I know she would be one hell of a leader." He said. All of the men nodded, in agreement with him and I was shocked.

I knew this already, Greyson had made it very clear he wanted me to take over his business if anything happened to him. Both his legal and off the books ones. And while I brushed it off, him telling all of the boys and them agreeing I was overwhelmed. Not only did he think I was worth enough, good enough to do that, so did they. And while it's a strange thing to feel emotional about (your husband wanting you to take over his criminal enterprise in the event of his death) it filled my heart with love and compassion for everyone in the room.

"Thank you all. For the flowers, cards, well wishes, respect, and love. And while I'm aware that you all know what you signed up for, I appreciate more than you'll ever know that you would all put your life on the line to protect me. You are and will always be my family."