3

"Where are we going?" I asked, noticing he missed the turn to his house. He grinned, squeezing my thigh. "I figured we could both use some away time, and I wanted to show you something at the beach house." I smiled but quickly frowned. "I have work on Monday." He rolled his eyes, gripping the steering wheel. "Yeah, I've heard." He mumbled. "Greyson I don't-" "I'm not going to tell you what to do with your life. Or tell you to come back. But from the things Adam and Marissa have said I don't think it's a good environment for you." He shifted uncomfortably, and I was weirded out. The Greyson I know would be pissed. I sighed, knowing things are going to be different this time.

"It's a job. I need a job to pay bills." He hummed, clearing his throat. "Fuck it." He mumbled. "I know you don't like it when I tell you what to do and I know you can make your own decisions. But that's fucked up, Jules. If he touches you again I will-" I cut him off, laughing loudly. He looked at me funny. "For a second there I was wondering what you did with Greyson." He gave me a stern look. "Grey, I can handle myself. I am looking for a new job but it's not always just as simple as quit and immediately get hired." He sighed. "You always have a job with me." He said softly. I smiled. "I love you, and I appreciate that. But I still think we need that little bit of separation if we're going to make this work." He rolled his eyes again. "Fine, That is your choice. But you deserve to be treated better than that." "Thank you." I have him a soft smile, squeezing his hand.

My mood instantly changed as we pulled into the driveway. A small smile tugged on my lips as we got out of the car. "I'm happy to have you here again, baby." He wrapped his arms around me, kissing my neck softly. I pushed my ass into him, smirking up at him. "Let's not waste our weekend." He laughed, picking me up, carrying me through the house to the bedroom. "Eager aren't we baby?" He asked lowly, as he kissed my neck slowly. I was completely vulnerable at this point and I didn't care one bit. I was desperate to feel him again. "I crave the feeling of your body pressed against mine." He pulled away from my neck to look me in the eyes. "I'd do anything for you, princess." He kissed me softly before standing to remove his clothes and helped me finish removing mine. "Fuck." He groaned, dipping his head down to place sloppy kisses down my stomach. "I love you." He said softly, before kissing me. He pulled the blanket over us and I grinned into the kiss. He guided himself into me and I let out a soft moan into his mouth. He pulled away slightly to place light kisses along my jaw. His thrusts were slow and calculated, but I didn't mind. "I love you." I mumbled back, gently tugging on his hair to bring his face to mine. He smiled softly and brought his lips to mine again.

It wasn't that I was eager to have sex again (though I did miss it) I was eager to be with him in anyway possible. Anyway I would have him near me. Touch me. Love me. I sound desperate and stupid but I've never loved someone the way I love Greyson before. And not being able to have and express that love for so long is a feeling I never want to experience ever again.

"I'm glad we came here." I said softly, playing with stray strands of his messy hair as his head laid on my stomach. "I feel at peace with you here." He just about whispered. I smiled to myself, then started laughing. He turned his head towards me and knitted his eyebrows together. "I'm sorry." I said between laughs. I calmed myself a little and looked down at him. "It's just, can you believe looking back to the first day we met that this is where we'd end up?" He relaxed his head a little and kissed my knuckles. "You're crazy if you think I wasn't in love with you the moment I saw you." He grinned and I rolled my eyes playfully. "We both know that's is not true." "Contrary to your belief, baby girl, I've always had feelings for you." I smiled, tugging on his hair. "That's sweet." I paused. "I didn't always have feelings for you." He pouted and I laughed. "You really were an asshole at first." He frowned at me. "Me? No. I don't know what you're talking about." I laughed, rolling my eyes. "I didn't realize I had feelings for you for a while."

We sat outside on the deck, his arms wrapped tightly around me, holding me against him. I brought the blanket closer, making sure he was covered as well. "I've missed this." He spoke softly, kissing my head. I smiled to myself and leaned up, kissing his jaw. His arms tightened like he never wanted to let go. We hadn't talked much since we'd been here. Honestly I was kind of at a loss for words. Things were definitely different between us. I'm just not sure if it's a good or bad different. But I know it's me. I'm the one who's changed.

"You're being distant." Greyson mumbled, trailing his fingers down my hip as he laid on his side, facing me. "I'm sorry." I mumbled, not wanting to look at him. "Don't be sorry. What's going on?" He asked, concern flooding his features. I sighed. "I don't know." He picked up my hand, kissing my knuckles softly. "I know what I did to you. Shawn told me about that night." He hesitated to say, careful as he spoke. "He told you about that?" I had begged him not to, sobbing on the floor for hours. Greyson just hummed. "That was a fucked up night. But you didn't do it to me. I did it to myself."

"Juliet, get up, you need to get off the floor and get into the bed." Shawn said, trying to tug the girl off the floor. Juliet didn't respond and he had assumed she was plastered again, like most nights. "Juliet." He said louder, attempting to shake her. Her body went completely limp as he got zero response. Shawn began to panic and he leaned down, feeling for a pulse and to see if she was breathing.

When he got nothing his panic set in completely and he dialed the private paramedics immediately, putting it on speaker phone as he started to do compressions. "Fuck Juliet, what have you done." He mumbled, keeping his steady pace as the phone picked up. "Hey Shawn, what's up?" "Justin I need you and the team here now at Juliet's apartment. She's not breathing and has no pulse. I'm doing compressions but nothings happening. Shit, I just thought she was drunk again." "Fuck." Justin mumbled and rustling was heard over the line.

Justin's voice responded with more authority this time. "ETA is probably 7 minutes. Listen to me, Shawn. Whatever you do do not stop compressions. Even if you think she's gone. Got it." Shawn nodded furiously, terrified. "Shawn." Justin said loudly as sounds of a siren and people talking were distantly heard in the background. "Yes." Shawn managed out, starring down at his unconscious friend. "I'm right here. ETA 5 minutes. We'll be there soon, okay? Everything will be fine." Justin's voice came out soothingly. But Shawn didn't hear anything for those 5 minutes as he focused solely on Juliet's pale features. He kept mumbling, "I'm sorry, Jules."

When Justin came through the door Shawn didn't even notice, he continued the compressions, in a daze. Justin kneeled next to him, as did another guy. "Shawn...you did good buddy. Come on, Hazel will take over." Shawn looked up frantically, finally noticing everyone around him. And the woman who was cautiously kneeling next to him, ready to take over. Justin slowly guided Shawn away, over to the couch. Frantic yet calm voices clouded the air, ready to do anything and everything to help Juliet.

Finally, after everyone's hope had start to die a pulse was felt. "Good." Justin sighed in relief. "We're not out of the clear yet." Now there was a pulse, they had a million other things to worry about. She'd been basically dead for nearly 10 minutes. Which is incredibly dangerous. Everyone's shock was evident when Juliet shot up, vomiting profusely. It's extremely unlikely anyone without oxygen for more than 5 minutes would be conscious and not in a coma. Let alone awake and aware of their surroundings. Yet Juliet defied the odds somehow.

"I'd never been more angry and terrified in my life than when he told me. It wasn't even until last week he finally did. I was furious. At him. At you. Mostly at myself. The thought of losing you completely is the most unsettling thing that's crossed my mind. And me not being there for you after that is my biggest regret in life." He sounded genuinely terrified as he spoke about it. "They told me when I woke up a few days later that they've never heard of someone being able to survive 10 minutes without oxygen, I should be dead. Or in a coma with permanent brain damage. I messed up." He pulled me into his arms, kissing my forehead repeatedly. "I didn't want to die." I cried into his chest. I hadn't spoken to anyone about it since it happened. No one even knew it happened. Greyson rubbed soothing circles on my back as I cried, telling me everything was okay.