38

It's now been about a week of me being in the hospital, Greyson had me moved to a recovery suite in the hospital for the time being and it was absolute luxury. When Shawn returned he brought food and some amazing goodies from Celia.

It was late now, nearing 11pm. Grey and I laid in the bed together, watching tv. This bed was much larger than regular hospital ones and much cozier. "You should get some sleep." He mumbled against my neck. I smiled, running my fingers through his hair. "So should you." I felt him grin against my skin and he placed light kisses on my neck. I tugged lightly on his messy hair so his eyes were now level with mine. He grinned at me and I took a moment to study him. His hair looked as curly as ever considering he hadn't used any product in it except the shampoo and conditioner Shawn had brought to the hospital a few days ago. His eyes were surprisingly bright and held a special glint to them, which I didn't expect after the news we had gotten recently. He looked absolutely perfect to me. I smiled, placing my lips on his.

"Your stitches are healing unexpectedly well. You have minimal bruising around the wound now, and the low does of meds we have you on seems to be working really for you." A small smile tugged on my lips. "Does that mean I can leave?" Tim laughed, standing and removing his gloves. "I feel 100% confident with discharging you today." I looked to Greyson shouting a "fuck yeah!" As we high-fived. "I appreciate everything, Tim. Thank you." Grey said shaking his hand. Tim smiled and nodded, walking out of the room. I sat up, throwing my legs over the side of the bed and Greyson helped me stand as bending was still quite unpleasant. "You're so strong." He mumbled, kissing me. I smiled, placing soft kisses along his jawline. "I probably would have injured myself more if you weren't here with me this week." He rolled his eyes playfully. "I don't doubt it." I smiled and he laces our fingers together as I started taking slow steps for our daily walks.

We made our rounds in the hospital and we stopped on the 3rd floor as usual. I smiled as I saw the boy playing in the little play area, his aunt now here, smiling down at the boy. "You did good." Greyson whispered from behind me, wrapping his arms cautiously around me. I smiled slightly to myself. Me pushing through the pain and gushing blood that night to get him, Jace, turned out to be a miracle. If everyone has left him in his car seat until the ambulance arrived like they wanted to he'd be dead. The car was old and has mechanical issues so at the time we thought the light smoke was just from the crash but the car burst into flames on my mere minutes after Greyson and I had left. My eyes were torn away when I heard a voice. "Are you Juliet?" She asked. I stuttered out a yes. She came closer, hugging me tightly. "Thank you so much." I held back my groan of pain, not caring about that at the moment. But she quickly pulled away. "Oh dear, I am so sorry, I forgot-" I cut her off, breathing out a small laugh. "Please, don't worry about it. I am fine." I smiled. "I've seen you coming by the last couple days and the nurses have said you have been adamant about knowing how he's doing. I could never thank you enough for caring for him the way you did." I just gave her a small smile. "He seems to be doing well. I am glad you were able to be here for him. It's important to have family when a tragedy like this happens."

We made our way back to my room and I sighed as I sat back on the bed. Greyson sat by my feet and massaged my legs while we sat there. His phone rang and he answered it quickly. And I knew who it was immediately due to the screaming coming through the phone. He winced, pulling it away and putting it on speaker. "Greyson! Why is she still not answering my phone calls?!" I stifled a laugh at my mother.  He gave me a pointed look. "I'm sorry Marie, I was going to call in a little bit. The doctor has said she's clear to leave so we will be going back to the house today. She said she'll call you then." She huffed. "Fine. If I don't hear from her by tomorrow there will be hell to pay." She hung up the phone abruptly and Greyson shot me a glare. I held my hands up. "I told you not to tell her, this is not my fault. She overreacts." He sighed. "Baby, she's not overreacting, you went through major surgery and a traumatizing event. I know you don't see it that way and that's perfectly okay, but you have to understand that everyone's going to be worried about you." "I know." I mumbled. "You need to call her when we get back to the house." He said, standing up and going over to pack out things. I made a face at his turned back. "There's a mirror right next to me, Jules." He chuckled and my cheeks tinted pink as I changed the tv channel.

"Alright, looks like we've got everything covered and you have your prescriptions all filled with enough to hold you over. I know Greyson said he's going to try to get you to stay as long as possible to heal but realistically you will be back in Washington for followups. Remember that it's very important that even after your stitches are removed you go easy for a while." I nodded. "That being said, I'm not sure how long your stay will be but your sutures will only need to stay for about another week and a half before their removal so if you're still here then just call the hospital and they will get you guys right in." We thanked him and Greyson grabbed our things and the file of paperwork before we headed towards the elevator. Once we were inside I leaned against Greyson and sighed. "I can't wait to sleep in our bed and take a proper shower." He laughed, kissing my head. "I'm glad you're okay." I smiled to myself and laced my fingers in his.

.
.
.
Sheesh, hi again! How is everyone? Happy holidays! I've been super unmotivated lately and found it difficult to write. It also kinda sucks to see how popular Mr.Reynolds's was and that people don't seem ti enjoy this story as much. Anywho, thank you to everyone who's stuck around and enjoyed this story. Hopefully I'll have an update soon 😸