6͙3͙

Up there is a picture of what my writing account looks like. For those who may/might have been looking for it, I already changed the name. That's it up there🙂.

*Third person POV*

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday to you!."

The twins groaned, turning on their bed and rubbing their eyes sleepily. It was Thursday, two days after their JAMB exams and just a few days till their mother gave birth and a week after Amelia told them she was carrying a baby for Roman.

"Thank you" Dazzline muttered to whoever it was singing.

"Thank you? Please get up jare! We're going for a family photoshoot!."

The twins recognized the voice immediately. It was their mother, Shania.

"Yes ooh! We will do our photoshoot too."

Daihaah.

"Abi! And there is a birthday party too! Me I can't wait to eat cake oo! I'm just craving different things today sha..chai!."

Stella.

"See mouth. Jaylen has turned you to FFO!."

Zahra.

"Oooh God! You people should get up naaa! Ah! Me I'm hungry oo."

Salina.

The twins opened their eyes at the same time. A sleepy smile on Dazzline's face. Tara was glaring at the people surrounding them.

"Thanks. But we'll love it if you guys leave now. We still need to sleep" Tara's calm voice was contradicting her angry look. It was obvious, the breakup between her and Zephan had made her learn to control her anger, which was exactly what she was doing now.

"Okay okay. We'll be downstairs waiting for you guys" Amelia replied with an understanding smile on her face. She pushed the rest outside and Tara lay on the bed, closing her eyes in a desperate attempt to sleep. She still felt sleepy but at the same time, she felt uneasy.

She turned on the bed, almost falling off when she saw Dazzline staring at her.

"Gosh! Dazzline, you scared me!" Tara exclaimed, heaving a sigh of relief.

"Hmm" was Dazzline's reply.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Tara asked, feeling uncomfortable with the way her sister was looking at her.

  "We're seventeen today" Dazzline replied emotionlessly.

"Why are you reminding me?" Tara asked, eying her sister.

"We've made a lot of mistakes in the last year. One of them led to you losing your boyfriend" Dazzline said and moved her gaze from Tara to the ceiling, "what are your resolutions?."

Tara also looked at the ceiling, sucking in a breath as she thought of her sister's question.

What are my resolutions? She asked herself.

After thinking hard, she finally spoke, "Being a better me and making my friends and parents proud. Also, I want to forgive all those who I've been keeping a grudge on. And, to use my drugs and go for regular checkups."

  "You haven't forgiven Faramade. I mean, I know she did something bad but I think we need to...y’know...forgive her" Dazzline said, making Tara turn to her with a questionable look in her eyes.

"What do you mean?" Tara asked, staring hard at her sister.

"Don't ask me questions, Tara, you were the one who said you wanted to forgive everyone" Dazzline replied, getting up from the bed and walking towards the direction of the bathroom.

"I know I said that but Fara's case is different" Tara snapped but Dazzline kept quiet, deciding it was useless to argue with Tara. She wouldn't want to start a fight on their birthday.

*
No one noticed how quiet and uneasy the twins looked, or maybe they just decided to ignore it.

There weren't many people celebrating their birthday with them. Just a few family and friends. They weren't more than twenty. All because of the Corona Virus.

"Dazzline, Tara, Oya coman take the picture," Their father said, and they did as he told. They were already tired of taking pictures.

The girls weren't wearing something flashy. Dazzline's black T-shirt and black high waist jeans matched with black sneakers. Omotara's pink T-shirt and white high waist jeans matched with pink sneakers.

They took the picture and posted it on their joint Instagram account which was opened a few days ago. In just five minutes, the picture already had more than twenty thousand likes.

*
Dazzline was looking at the clock frequently, wondering when her boyfriend was going to show up. On cue, the front door opened and Gabriel stepped in with Zephan. Dazzline didn't waste time running and jumping on him.

Tara felt awkward, seeing her sister hugging Gabriel like that. She secretly wished she was hugging Zephan like that.

She slowly looked away from them and her gaze landed on Zephan who was looking at her. If she felt awkward before, then she couldn't describe what she was feeling now. He gave her a small smile, waving at her. She reciprocated his gesture and he began walking to her.

"Hey."

"Hi" she replied slowly, feeling uneasy under his gaze. She silently used herself for feeling uneasy every time. She just couldn't help it.

"Happy birthday", Zephan said, feeling a little nervous as he stretched out a small gift bag to Tara. Even though they agreed on being friends, things still felt awkward between them. 

Tara collected the bag with a grateful smile, " Thank you."

"Welcome" Zephan replied, shocking himself and Tara when he pulled her into his arms.

*

Dazzline pouted, stating at her boyfriend, "what did you get me?."

"Oh..I forgot" Gabriel replied with an apologetic look as dug his hands into his pocket and removed it, a black locket in his hand.

Dazzline had noticed he was wearing something similar earlier so she smiled. "Jair puked all over the box, sorry," he said, putting the locket on Dazzline's neck, "Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else. I hope you like it" he added, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"I don't like it, Gabriel! I love it! It's the best gift I could ever ask of!" She told him, starting at the heart-shaped locket admiringly. She opened it and saw a picture of both of them in it. Looking up at her boyfriend with teary eyes, she hugged him, "I love you, Gabriel."

Who else loves Zariel?🙂

Hi guys, it's been a while. I've been busy with school stuff so I wasn't able to type.

👽👽👽👽👽

Thanks for reading
Stay safe
Till next time
Love y'all
Buhbyeeeeeee
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Word Count; 1088.