12

" with all of that, we have decided with the help of the elders you are going to be sent off to represent the hospital in one of the refugee camps" Grandfather Kim gave the final decision to the two.

" But what about my- " zhan was cut off by Wooseok's father.

" The program you applied for volunteering" Uncle Kim looked at me like he was waiting for this question " well we sent someone else to be in your place" I knew by how he finished that sentence it meant we were not supposed to go against him.

" Where are we going then," Wooseok asked them

" Chairman is the one who is going to decide that" Xiao Zhan's mother dismissed the two.

That day Xiao Zhan retired early back to his apartment. On his way up to the Apartment, the lobby secretary called him claiming there were letters for him dropped earlier. He didn't bother seeing where the letter was from he placed them on the countertop on the kitchen island. He made a quick lunch for him grabbing his laptop to go through the many emails he had. After replying to the many emails from research facilities one email stood out to him, it was an email from Wang Yibo's lawyer wanting to meet him. He then got a message from Wooseok claiming Seungyoun was going to call him in few minutes to lecture him for the first time in their married life. He chuckled sending off a message 'you brought yourself to this save yourself'. Xiao Zhan looked around his contacts wondering if he was still with Wang Yibo would he be lectured by him or he would just call him just to listen what to listen to Xiao Zhan rambling off about his night.

Grandmother had told them they were going to be shipped off to Kiribati by the next shipments that were going out with UN in three days' time, and nobody of the two was allowed to escape this time. There weren't given any mercy even by his grandmother. Their parents had even taken the perfect opportunity to place guards all around them just to hinder that escape plan that was going around their minds. Xiao Zhan took the moment to google up whatever country was Kiribati and what type of work they were going to do over there. After an hour of meticulous searching, Xiao Zhan had in mind whatever he was going to pack up in that one suitcase that was in the requirements. He knew very well if he wasn't going to pack right now he wouldn't have the time in the day to do so since he was going to be busy the upcoming two days back to back from the hospital to the UN headquarters in Beijing and on top of that Wang Yibo's lawyer had squeezed himself in there it was sure going to be a tough upcoming ten months.

The next day Xiao Zhan was up early by 6 am since he had a short road trip to the UN headquarters to pick up the documents and attend the meeting as the group head that was going to be dispatched to Kiribati. Stretching over to the bedside table trying to find his phone among the many clusters he had all over the table Xiao Zhan was able to get a hold of his phone. Looking at the time it was clearly 5:48 am giving him enough time to get ready for the chaotic day in Infront of him. Taking precisely 15 minutes to freshen up and put together a casual outfit out of the remaining clothes he had on the closet Xiao Zhan was ready to hit the road for an hour and a half road trip to the headquarters. After that, he would then drive down to the hospital that was another two hours so by the time he was at the hospital it was 2 pm.  He got over the hospital dropping off the necessary documentation given to the doctors and the vaccination requirements and he was off to see Wang Yibo's lawyer.

" Good afternoon Mr. Xiao, thank you for making the time for the meeting amongst your busy schedule I believe" The lady firmly shook hands with Xiao zhan.

" Good to know I am a busy man, what is the agenda of the meeting"

" The divorce settlement that's the agenda" she sighed before opening a bag of files. " I spoke to Mr. Wang about this, in fact, we had a meeting several of them four months ago considering the settlements we even had a couple of meetings with your Lawyer. And we came to the conclusion it was better for you to get the annulments that is whether you like it or not" she seemed to have read Xiao Zhan's mind