41

The next chapter is the last one. Expect it sometime next month. Enjoy

"We all grieve differently my love" Xiao Zhan lays his head on his mother's lap while she brushes his hair. "Nobody is going to judge you on how you grieve or not it's your personal loss"

"Thank you Mom" Xiao Zhan closes his eyes to feel the comfort

"I heard you and Wang Ren are getting acquitted" Xiao Zhan's mom Cangse tries to get information out of her son

"Mn" Xiao Zhan nods "One way or another we need each other"

"What happened to the Wang's estates" Cangse stops brushing Xiao Zhan's hair.

Xiao Zhan takes her hand putting it back to his head. "He gave me everything"

"Everything as in" she drags it

"Everything from the dust in his house to the large notes in his bank account" Xiao Zhan starts to draw circles on his sofa. "But I haven't let the lawyer transfer the ownership to my name yet I don't want to"

"And you're not ready yet"

"That too" he clears his throat.

"As someone who grew up in the same environment as Yibo and you know when something like this happens you can't stall it you have to take charge"

"It's scary you know" Xiao Zhan stops for a second "Everything around me is scary right now and it has been like that for the past few years"

"How when did it start"

"When I had to operate on Yibo that time, then the divorce then there was the earthquake, also there was the virus and now he's gone" Xiao Zhan tears up "I feel like I haven't had a rest you know at this point I am just surviving or trying to you know. I haven't had the time to close my eyes without worrying about something. I don't want to feel like any moment I have a shut eye I am not going to survive"

"That's a lot" Cangse sighs

"That's what the therapist said" Xiao Zhan jokes

"Have you thought about what you're going to do with Yibo's estate?" his mother asks him

"I can't give them up" Xiao Zhan contemplates it "he left it for me and Bina, which is weird you know as if he knew he wasn't gonna come back. He only had Bina for 6 months at most where did he have the time to change all that and isn't it weird that he didn't leave any to his relatives lol or the will basically stated anything he owned under his name was to be mine and Bina's"

"You have to protect it," Cangse tells him "That's what your beloved gave to you and you have to protect it if not for you do it for Bina"

"And how am I supposed to do that," Xiao Zhan asks

"By showing everyone why you have the inheritance and what you can do, you are a Xiao, and the Xiaos always protect what's theirs"

"They are having a board meeting tomorrow to denounce Yibo as the rightful heir and to discuss whose to take the inheritance" Xiao Zhan informs his mother

"Board meetings are ruthless" Cangse informs him "It's a cold-blooded mortuary up there and their favorite word is no"

"I don't care about that Yibo write everything is to go to me and Bina" Xiao Zhan sits up

"Here's what the hoard is most likely to do, since Xicheng denounced himself as the heir it went directly to Yibo and now he's dead without any biological legitimate heirs, and the little kid he hasn't yet adopted him under the law the board will provide their own heir and you have to stop that" Cangse holds Xiao Zhan's hands