35

Yibo believes he had come to the conclusion that the universe was testing him specifically it was either that or he had had a ton shit of bad luck follow him lately or to be precise the past 5 years. As if the divorce wasn't enough they decided to send his ex-husband to the same place he was hiding to try and move on which didn't even last 3 weeks thank you very much fate. And then as if fate wanted to remind him that it ran the show the bombing and earthquake happened and he nearly lost Zhan then, he really couldn't breathe when they were looking for him under the rubles. And as if fate didn't have enough of him it sent down the most annoying motherfucker who allegedly had a crush on Zhan and was exactly Zhan's type. Not even letting them rest now Zhan had a deadly virus and they weren't sure if they would make it through the night. Yibo could sit here and complain about everything they had gone through after the divorce and he would still not yet be done.

       This was supposed to be a year-long voluntary service, Seungyoun lamented the doctors were only supposed to be here for a year to help control the diseases spreading in the villages and all that. Why were they caught in the crossfire and in between their operation? It wasn't supposed to be like this, he looked over to Wang Yibo, he was probably blaming himself for everything. I mean he accepted this operation to do it alone but when the others heard about it they were mad (he was the one who was the maddest) and decided to follow their captain impulsively. But that didn't matter they were a team and if one went down they were bound to go down together to save the other.

  Yibo sees Bina's tiny feet approach him again standing in front of him.

"Blessings" Bina shakes his hand pointing through the door that went to the quarantine side.

"Blessing is sick baby" Yibo answers with a warm tone

"Medicine for blessing" Bina goes down from his seat pointing towards the medicine cabinet

Yibo wished it was that easy, he hopes the virus was just a cold and would pass by.

   Lying on the bed now all dry and all that Zhan covers up his head since the brightness was a little bit too much for his eyes. This felt like a whole nightmare to him. Looking at his watch he made out it was 8 pm. He wondered if Bina had had his dinner yet and if he was okay.

   With Wen Qing's orders, the two had been instructed to lie down on the beds to rest since they have been up on their feet since doing the surgery.

" m’hot "

   Zhan could hear Wooseok mumble about being hot on the bed beside him. He peeked from under the blanket seeing Wooseok squirm on his bed turning left and right removing legs from inside the blanket to outside every other turn.

   Why in the world didn't medical school teach them the necessary skills needed for this moment? What was he supposed to be doing at the moment, he was taught how to care for the patients on the bed now that the tables have turned and he was the one on the bed.

   After a while, the room had cleared up leaving up only the leader, Yibo and Seungyoun, and the medic team.

"This is our last mission right" Seungyoun speaks out of nowhere. "And after this, they are going to erase our team and we are going to be non-existent"

"mh" Yibo nodded

"This is the longest mission we've ever had" Seungyoun slumped down on his chair. "And ultimately the worst"

"We are going to finish this and go back home never talk about team alpha again," Yibo tells Seungyoun

   Wooseok wakes up with a skull-splitting headache and feeling super cold.