40

A lot of people were talking it felt like they were murmuring cause all Xiao Zhan could register were muffles. In his ears, there was a distinct ringing sound coming on and off. He could see the looks Yibo's relatives were giving as he passed them what they were even saying. He was just too tired to be here, it felt like there was a lot going on with him at the same time there wasn't. He did have a migraine and he also knew that he wasn't supposed to be there. He didn't want to be there.

"Xiao Zhan" Xichen taps him "Are you okay you've been out for a while there"

"Uhm" Xiao Zhan clears his throat smiling sweetly "I'm fine it's alright where's Bina" He looks around

"Father took him out to the backyard" Xichen points behind him "The crowd was getting too much for him and I also think for you too do you want to join them" Xichen being the sweet person he is compared to his relatives "you should join them I'll bring tea out for you"

"That will be nice, thank you" Xiao Zhan stands up to join his former father-in-law.

"How are you doing?" Wang Ren asked him once they sat down on the chairs set around. Bina was sleeping peacefully in his arms.

"Isn't that ironic coming from you" Xiao Zhan side-eyes him "Are you trying to make me laugh"

"We do not see each other eye to eye both ironically and physically but we can try to understand each other this one time for Yibo's sake" Wang Ren shrugs

"Are you saying we put our past differences behind us and start to trauma bond right now" Xiao Zhan laughs "That's funny"

Wang Ren looks at Xiao Zhan his face softening "Not trauma bond lets trauma dump"

"My husband and I got divorced because of our families mainly" Xiao Zhan starts

"When I was in high school my family tore my boyfriend and me apart and sent me to boarding school in the mountains where they wanted me to be reformed back to a man and when I returned they forcefully had me marry the daughter of a family friend and had me isolate from my friends," Wang Ren tells him in a monotone voice leaving the both of them dumbfounded.

"Are you okay?" Xiao Zhan asks

"I am not telling you this to outshine what you are going through or receive your pity" Wang Ren shakes his head "It's just a way of saying even though I was a major asshole to you in the past and you didn't deserve it and I will work hard to gain your forgiveness even if its an ounce but in a moment like this you need someone to talk to preferably someone whom might understand you even if it's just a tiny bit"

"Where did you get this wisdom from and where have you been hiding it" Xiao Zhan chuckles

"Let's just say my eyes have been opened after she left" Wang Ren looks at Bina's face "Living and growing up in a manipulative household had me conserved without even knowing"

"Are you seeing my uncle?" Xiao Zhan asks

"Mn" Wang Ren nods "I saw him at the funeral and greeted him that is it"

"He got sexier right," Xiao Zhan asks smirking "A total silver fox now"

"I saw that and also I saw his European husband"

"Alejandro is a nice fellow" Xiao Zhan plays with the grass "Who was also checking you out"

"At my son's funeral," Wang Ren scoffs

"Technically it was a memorial" Xiao Zhan points out the obvious

"That his mother nor her family bothered to attend"