37

"What is Team Alpha" The judge questions the said male sitting in front of everyone.

"Classified" Xichen doesn't miss a moment to answer the judge. Lan Xichen had been arrested a month earlier being kept in solitary confinement for treason. In that one month, he was interrogated every day with a new day introducing a new interrogator with an even bigger lie detector and still they all get the same answer.

"I am afraid you have to give me more than that" The judge sighs

"You're not cleared" Lan Xichen gives short curt answers

"Everyone in this room has the highest security clearance" The judge points at several ministers, generals, and even the country's vice president who was present on his trial.

Lan Xichen looks around "Not cleared" He doesn't change his answer.

"Are you saying you have a higher clearance than the vice president?" Judge asks him

Lan Xichen doesn't say a thing at first he sits upright "The only person cleared to know about the team is the president the one in charge and me only three people unless you are all cleared and have the direct order from me or the president that's then you'll know about team alpha"
The judge sighs for the nth time that hour, he had already told the others that they could never break Xichen but they didn't listen to him. Now they have been going back and forth for the past 7 hours and still didn't amount to anything.

The judge takes the gravel and pounds it three times, "For now we'll have to request the president's presence and the one who's in charge of this Team Alpha to know if Lan Xichen will be inducted under the criminal offense of treason until then Lan Xichen will be placed under house arrest court adjourned"
A series of protests are sent out around the courtroom as the judge makes his exit and Xichen is taken by the military personnel.

Nie Mingjue scoffs as he goes through the legal claims made against Xichen, he wonders if these fools knew whom they were going against. They were safe Xichen had not taken the matters into his own hands and handled everything instead he let them take him around with handcuffs and every restrain they could put on him.

"Thank you for making time" Mingjue sits in his office chair while the president and general Cho sit in front of him and Xichen sits beside the president. If you asked him now Mingjue was scared the most because in this room alone there were men who would have his head served on a platter without even batting an eye.

"I understand it's very important" The president speaks in the same manner as Xichen.

"Yes, we're here for a preliminary hearing where it's going to decide whether the charges against Mr. Lan are to be forwarded to the public court or not" Mingjue shuffles across the documents that were sent over by the lawyer that was to represent Xichen. "Anything said in this room will stay in this room only" Mingjue presses a button and all the openings in the office are closed off
"Nothing comes in nothing comes out" He assured them.

"Let's get to the point" General Cho leans on the left of his seat "Why team Alpha," he asks "No one is supposed to know about that"

"I know" Mingjue sighs "But everyone is getting nosy and they want to push someone off their sit" He looks over the president

"Team Alpha is untouchable" The president only says that

"That's what you're here to convince me that and not push the case to the public" Mingjue unfasten his tie. "What is team alpha"
"Team Alpha is a covert black operations team that works and operates on the dark side of the law" General Cho answers him

"What do they do," Mingjue asks

"anything related to black operations they are the ones for the job" Xichen shrugs "They do the military's dirty job under the books they are not under navy, air guard, army, or marine they are not tied to any"