38

Sorry in advance clocking out to go and cry  😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Bina stands beside Xiao Zhan's bed waiting for him to open his eyes and give him attention. Xiao Zhan always respond to him after calling him, why wasn't he reacting now?

Xiao Zhan sat under a cherry blossom tree watching the blossoms fall down on the ground or on the river following the current to go downstream. He didn't know what he was doing or why he was there but knew he had been sitting down on this tree long enough to count over 1000 blossoms falling. Was he dead and he was now on his way to the afterlife if so he couldn't help and feel the regret seeping in but for what? 'i am sorry' 'i should've protected you' 'i focused on what you wanted and not what you needed'  'please wake up soon' 'little star needs you' 'i need you,'  you're my strength please'. 

He kept hearing those words one after the other. His heart ached on hearing that, his heart was longing for that voice where it was coming from he looked around only to be met with vast land. I was getting really lonely here.

'Blessings I took bunny to wash today'  He heard a new voice this time it was a kid and he could barely make out what the kid was saying but whom the voice belonged to made his heart warm and it was beating his heart was beating slowly. 'Zhui say I protect bunny Didi because they want to eat bunny didi'

For days the same voice talks to him every day at the same time. And Xiao zhan felt like the more he listened to the voice the warmer his body got.

"I got this today" Bina shows a fresh flower daffodil "it was growing behind there" he points out the window. "Nice flower like blessings" he places it right beside Xiao zhan brushing Xiao Zhan's hair "blessings have to wake up and take flowers"

13 days later

"I get it you are a bit melancholic leaving this place behind" Wooseok stands beside Xiao Zhan who was staring at the base while holding his bag.

"It's too sudden"Xiao Zhan whispers "We still have work to do, I woke up 5 days ago"

"Another group will be coming in, we have done our part for the past year and so" Wooseok held his free hand "It's time for us to rest, and also I am starting to think us extending our stay here is starting to become life-threatening to you it's like we have one more slip and we might as well start to start planning your funeral and we don't want that"

"I...It pains me to leave them in time of need" Xiao Zhan tears up thinking about the people he's about to leave behind

"doddle head thinks about the lives you saved during your stay here and the ones you changed" Jiang Cheng taps his head "give yourself some credit you fool. We have ten minutes to board come with it and your child is starting to get restless"

The three turned to head to the helicopter that was to take them over to the airport.

A month later in China

"I haven't heard from him for two weeks now that's the longest he's gone under the lines" Wooseok goes to the kitchen to get himself a drink. "even when he goes under the lines he always gives me a heads up this is the first time something like this happened"

"wasn't it supposed to only last a few days a week at most it's been a month now" Xiao Zhan chides from the living room

"That's not helping" Wooseok pouts "I have been getting goosebumps all over and yesterday I went to grab a plate and I broke it that scared me"

"you need to have faith he's going to be back" Xiao Zhan sets the food on the dining table waiting for the rest of the friends that were coming in for a get-together in 20 minutes.