{ Chapter 20 }

Kesley POV

I was on my way to Xavier's house to surprise him, it had been almost a week since we talked and I was starting to miss my best friend.

It was very sunny with a cool wind, which was a bit different from the past weeks of chilly and deary weather. I took a deep breath taking in this rare fresh air. I had finally reached his house and as I was walking up the stairs to his apartment, when I heard a strangly familiar voice.

Really familiar.

"Yeah, I'll be back. I'm just going out." A pause where I assumed someone else was replying. "OK, see you later. Bye!" As they finished their last sentence I could hear the footsteps echoing as they walked down the stairs. For some reason I felt the need to hide. Luckily there was an entry way to one of the floors below Xavier's so I rushed in.

As I hid carefully behind the door, I looked through the window when I heard that the footsteps were further away from me, and to say I was shocked at who I saw was an understatement.

What was Tara doing here?  And who was she talking to...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kesley?" Xavier greeted me. He stood in front of his door wearing gray sweatpants and a black Gap hoodie.

I smiled at him in return. "Long time no see friend!" I replied, reaching over to give him a big hug. I decided not to let the Tara thing fase me now, I knew she was staying here I just had to find out with who.

Once we let each other go and entered his house, we caught up. Talking about life, jobs, Tracey, all that stuff.

"So, how has life been without me? " He asked leaning back against his couch, he was grinning slightly. I couldn't help but notice how much these past few weeks have changed him. He had a light five o'clock shadow, he also seemed to have a glow about him.

Like a pregnant woman glow....just not pregnant, or a woman.

"It's been..." I paused, before replying. "Wonderful." I gave him a grin. He rolled his eyes and pouted.

"Thanks, I missed you too." He replied sarcastically. We sat in silence for a while before Xavier broke it. "So, wanna watch the Theory of Everything?" Once he said those words I basically squealed in joy!

"Oh my gosh!  Yes, I've been wanting to watch that for a while. It seems so interesting." I told him before getting up from where I was previously sitting and sat down on the couch facing the TV.

Xavier got up and walked to his pile of ever growing movies and pulled out Theory of Everything. After he turned on the DVD player and put the disc in he sat next to me. "I heard the soundtrack is really good, it's all instrumental but it's nice to listen and relax to. " Xavier scooted around so he was sitting on an angle facing me.

I nodded, "Yeah. I heard that too," I laughed. "I listen to it while I study and work. It's a great soundtrack for focusing and stuff." I replied.

Xavier nodded before turning to face the TV, noticing the conversation was over I faced the TV too.

----------------------2 Hours Later------------------

We finally finished the movie, and honestly it was amazing. Very captivating and obviously well written. I sighed leaning back on the couch. "That movie was awesome." I said.

I could see Xavier nod in agreement from the corner of my eye. "It really was." He stood up and stretched. "It's pretty late, it's already 10 PM." He told me as he looked at the clock hanging near his TV.

I agreed. Standing up, I stretched and yawned. "Oh wow, I'm so tired." I spoke in between yawns. Turning to Xavier, I grinned at him. "This was fun, just like before. It's felt like forever since we last hung out." I told him.

Xavier grinned in return. "We really should, I missed you muffin." He came and gave me a big hug, I missed my best friend. Even though we had only known each other for about 6 months, but I felt we had a deeper connection than most people.

"Before I go we should sit and drink some tea, you know catch up." I suggested, looking up at him. "And muffin? Where did that come from?" I asked curiously.

He smiled slyly at me as he started to sway us back and forth. "Because you hair reminds me of a muffin toady to be honest." He replied.

I didn't know whether to be offended or amused. So, I settled for rolling my eyes at him. "So, tea? "

--------------

We sat at the kitchen breakfast table drinking our mint tea. I was telling him about Greg and I's first date and how our relationship developed so far. "...and know we're moving in together!" I finished off.

Xavier smiled slightly at me over his cup of tea. He had an unreadable emotion swimming through his eyes, I tried to figure it out but I couldn't put my finger on it. "That's nice, am I invited to your new humble abode? " He asked me.

I nodded, "Always room for you, Xav."

He opened his mouth to reply but before he could his front door opened, and in walked in my little sister.

"Tara?" I exclaimed shocked. "What are you doing here? " I asked, turning to face Xavier. "Better question, why does she have a key? "

No one answers they just stood there with shocked and scared looks on their faces.

What is going on here?

-----------------------

A/N: Dun dun dunnnnnnn!!!!! Sorry for the long wait for the chapter guys, this weekend and the last were pretty busy so you'll get a double upload this week from me. Hopefully fingers crossed!

Hope this chappie wasn't too bad lol

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter. A lil bit of sisterly drama mixed in with a lil bitty bit of Xav.

What happens next??

IDK actually lol

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

Enjoy!!!!