{ Chapter 25 }

Xavier's POV

I sat nervously for two reasons. One I was waiting to meet up with Tracey and I hadn't spoken to her in a while. My vacation lasted longer than I had planned.

Two, Tara had came back from Kesley's house but didn't tell me anything all I got was a "I'll tell you tomorrow." But when I woke up Tara was no where to be seen.

"Xavier!" The familiar voice of my manager called out to me in excitement.

I looked up from my hands and stood up with a smile. "Tracey. It's been so long." I greeted giving her a big hug.

She squealed as she squeezed me just as hard. "Where have you been? You just disappeared!" Tracey's muffled voice spoke.

"Some things didn't go as planned. I needed some more time, I'm sorry for not letting you know. I was a bit overwhelmed." I pulled away from our hug to explain. To some people these kind of things would be weird and unprofessional, but for us it was normal.

Tracey was my friend before she was my manager, and it will always be that way.

Tracey nodded, "Is everything OK? " She asked. Looking up at me with concern.

I nodded in response. "So, I know I have a lot of work to do. Fire away." I said changing  the subject.

Tracey raised a brow, letting me know that my change of topic didn't go unnoticed. She turned and started walking over to her office. Looking over her shoulder she started talking to me. "You're right, I've been getting many requests for you to do appearances, some TV series, stuff like that." She opened her door and say down in front of her desk, turning on her computer.

I sat down in front of her paying attention to her.

She continued. "But since you were gone longer than anticipated, I had to drop some of the requests. That's alright though. "

I nodded along with her, "Okay, what are some of the offers left?" I asked her.

Tracey started to list off some of the offers, and I told her which ones I was interested in and the ones I didn't like. This lasted for an hour before I left. She smiled at me in return, coming over to give me a hug, Tracey wasn't one for emotional exchanges but she showed you she cared in her own special way.

Turning to leave, I noticed Kesley at the door. I gulped, I hadn't contacted her or seen her since that call and now seeing her face to face. Her looking at me with nothing but hatred and disgust I'm glad I didn't.

Noticing me in the room she decided not to acknowledge me, instead brushing past me haughtily head held high, to greet Tracey with a warm expression. "Tracey, sorry for the long wait before I came to see you-" She started to talk to Tracey but I left and slammed the door before I could hear the rest of her sentence.

I know it was an immature thing to do but I was so utterly hurt that she would believe those fabricated lies about me, the funny thing was just a couple months before we were talking about how close we were. Sighing I shook my head in utter disbelieving. I guess you can't believe what people say nowadays...

I entered the apartment building heading towards the elevator, when I heard a familiar voice. Tara.

"Yeah... I know I said I was done with... this but I need it. " I could hear her voice cumming from my left.

Curiosity taking over me I quietly walked over to where I heard her voice. There was a wall divider from the elevator and the main entrance so I stood behind that, sticking my head from behind it.

Tara was leaning against the receptionists desk, talking on the phone. She was biting her lip while tapping her foot; in short she looked nervous.

I frowned, What is up with her?
Remaining curious I listened intently.

"Tomorrow maybe?.... No not then.....OK...OK..thanks bye. " She hung up, sighing. Rubbing her forehead she mumbled to herself, "Why am I doing this to myself? "

Walking out from behind the wall and toward Tara, "Doing what? " I questioned, leaning against the counter looking at her. Faking innocence.

Tara jumped a little, looking surprised and worried. "Oh! Nothing big." She laughed nervously.

Squinting slightly, I didn't push it instead I asked her what she was doing at the reception desk.
She explained to me, "I'm looking for a new place. I know I've been crashing at yours and my sister left our old apartment to me but the rent is to much for me on my own, kinda why we were roommates." She gave me a grin. "I've already talked to the landlord and she told me I had 2 and a half weeks to move out and pay my final bill."

I nodded, understanding. "I get it, if you'd like I could help you, I think the elderly couple a couple doors down from me are moving out..." I paused to think. "...next week I think? "

Tara's eyes lit up, nodding along with me she replied. "Yes, definitely. It would be nice to have a neighbour I know."

I gave her a smile, throwing my arm over her shoulder, leading her to the elevator. "Well you better start packing."

Despite my attitude of calm and happiness. I was still curious of what Tara was talking about.

Why is everyone keeping secrets from me?

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: OK I know I know I haven't updated in like a month NO I have not forgotten you, ive just been so busy with exams that I didn't have time to update regularly.

Since it's summer updates will deff be more regular, and more consistent. Hopefully I'll finish this book and go on to write Classified: Unclassified if you haven't checked that out by the way I'd appreciate the feedback back and support.

Also GUYSSS 1,000+ VIEWSSS OMG IM SOOO GRATEFUL FOR THIS GUYSSS IM HAPPY YOU ALL ENJOY THIS GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH THE GIFT OF WRITING AND HOPEFULLY I'll be able to continue to develop it to a better level.

I truly appreciate this I'm glad you enjoy my work and I hope that I can bring more better and developed work for you guys to read. Mwah! 

PS what do you guys think of the cover?  I used photoshop and IM worried it looks yucky let me know??

Vote!!!

Fan!!!!!

Comment!!!

Most of all enjoy!!!