111. Gotcha!

_____________________________

.

.

.

"William and Matthew Morris were orphaned at a very young age when their parents died in a car accident." Aaron Grady, Dmitri's assistant and father of Flynn Grady, one of Kiara and Lucas' friends, and also the boy that little Kiara had a teeny tiny crush on. "They were moved to St. Jacob's Home for Children. William was adopted soon but Matthew lived there till he was an adult. Matthew never went searching for his brother but William found him an year ago." 

"So Victor is the name given to him by his adoptive parents?" Dmitri asked, drinking his wine.

"Can we skip to the part which is useful in me getting to my kids?" Mateo asked impatiently.

"You really are an impatient fellow huh?" Sergey laughed.

"Try having your kids kidnapped and see how that feels." Mateo rolled his eyes. He would not have said that if Sergey had kids, but he didn't so Mateo felt no regret in saying it.

"Which is why I believe bachelorhood is the best option for a made man of the Mafia." Sergey said and then waved at Aaron. "We can have all those conversation later. Now let's get back to the matter at hand."

"From what I understand, Matthew and William did not really have a relationship. It is safe to say that Matthew rejected William when he appeared in front of him." Aaron said. "They met once and only once if the proofs are to be believed."

"Well, we are missing something then." Sergey rubbed his almost bald head. "Something that can help us get to the bottom of things."

.
.
.

"Dr. Johnson?"

River almost jumped out of her skin when she heard her name being called. She was in the neighborhood of Mateo's apartment... From an year ago... Where they had a one night stand and then went their different ways.

Time really do go by so fast.

"Detective Sanders?" 

River looked over at George and Davis for backup. Though this man had proven himself to be useful to them, River did not completely feel safe around him. And she was someone with a hunch that was never wrong, so she knew that something or the other was definitely fishy with this man. 

"Are you going to Mr. Adesso's apartment?" He asked bluntly. 

River narrowed her eyes. How did he know?

"You must be wondering how I knew that." Ian scratched the back of his neck. 

She nodded. She decided that she was not going to beat around the bush with this guy. 

"I was doing the same."

"Why?" River asked. 

Ian scratched the back of his neck again, looking at George and Davis. 

"Can we talk in private?" He asked. 

River poked the inside of her cheek with her tongue. She didn't want to talk to him in private. She did not want to go anywhere with him. But what if he had some information? Information he was with-holding but for some reason, he was willing to share with her. She had to take her chances for her children.

River nodded. 

"George, Davis, go wait upstairs." She said. 

"I think we should go upstairs." Ian said, looking between Davis and George. "We will get our work done and I will be able to tell you what I want to tell you."