88. Any News About Sia?

_____________________________

.

.

.

Mateo, River and Victor was shocked to not find Davis outside Kiara's room. They rushed to the room to see him playing with Kiara.

River let out a sigh of relief.

"PAPA!!!" Kiara squealed with happiness. Mateo's eyes filled with involuntary tears as he gently picked up his little girl. "Hi my principessa."

Kiara giggled. She found it very funny when he called her that.

"Where's Sia?" River turned to Davis.

"She got a call and left saying it's an emergency." Davis informed her.

River pulled out her phone from her pocket and dialed her friend's number. It was not like her to leave Kiara alone without informing her. What could have happened so suddenly that she had to leave without informing any of them.

The phone went unanswered after several rings.

River looked over at Mateo with a frown on her face. "She is not picking up."

Mateo took in a deep breath, dread filling inside him. What if Sergey had done something to her as River had doubted?

"I will try to track her down." Victor stated immediately and left the room.

"Zia said she will be back soon." Kiara sensed the tension in the room.

"Of course she will be honey." River put on a gentle smile on her face and turned to her daughter and baby daddy. "We are just making sure she is safe and sound like we make sure you and Lukey are."

"When will Lukey come?" She asked in her cute little voice.

River looked at Mateo who nodded at her.

River and Michelia had decided that they were going to go get Lucas, Michelia and Lorenzo. The detective had reached their housing which meant their position had been compromised, and they could not make the mistake of staying there any longer. The two women and the kids had to be moved to a safer place while the rest of them did the fighting.

This was a real Mafia war and Mateo was not going to let River anywhere near it.

.

.

.

"How can you be so sure that Mateo Adesso isn't behind your assault?" Ian Sanders asked.

Dmitri rolled his eyes and leaned back against his pillows. "Because I don't even know this guy?" Dmitri could make any lie seem like the truth; not even a lie detector could catch his lies.

"Your sister's body was found in his ranch and you are telling me you don't know this guy?" The detective probed.

"I don't personally know him." Dmitri emphasized. "And I don't think he has anything to do with my sister's death either." Dmitri knew that if he wanted her dead, Mateo would do it head on. The Italians had too much pride. "Someone else could have killed her and dumped her body there?"

"Or it could have been Mateo Adesso who killed her." Detective Sanders said.

Dmitri poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue and studied the man who looked around his age. "Why do you want to prove that he did it?"

"I want to prove it because it is what I do." He shrugged.

"Maybe if you take a step back and re-evaluate the whole case with no prejudice against that Italian man, maybe you would be able to find the real killer." Dmitri said and thought in his mind, 'And hopefully stop a Mafia war.'