78. Are You Serious?

_________________________________

.

.

.

"What did he do now?" Was the first thing Alessia, who was back from her late night expedition, asked as soon as River walked into the apartment. Lorenzo was sleeping in Alessia's arms and it was the only thing that stopped the orthopedic surgeon from screaming at the top of her lungs how much of an asshole and an idiot Alessia's elder brother was.

"Let's just say he really was out of line this time." Michelia walked out of her room, her phone in hand. Adam had told Leonardo and Leonardo had told his wife what had happened. Alessia would have known sooner but Adam and she were fighting again so he had not told her what was happening.

"You want me to go punch him in the face?" Alessia asked. She didn't really need to know what the reason was. She knew that he must have said or done something really bad for the usually cool and composed Dr. River Johnson to look like she wanted to kill someone.

River paused for a moment, a small smile momentarily appearing on her face when she realized that Alessia had said almost the same thing thing that Adam had asked her via text. The shipper in her started bursting confetti out of happiness, and she started rooting for her even more. It would be so nice if they just accepted that they were meant for each other.

River wanted her good friends to be happy, especially Alessia after all the bullshit that she had gone through in her life. She knew without an ounce of doubt that Adam would always cherish her. She knew that he would never raise her voice or hands at Alessia, not that it mattered now anyway because the Italian woman was capable of cutting off tongue and limbs and putting bullets through brains.

But the surgeon believed that there was still a part of Alessia within all the cold and rock-hard exterior that just wanted to be understood and treated with basic respect.

"I am thinking of doing that myself the next time I see him." River sighed which made the other two women chuckle. These two had a completely different dynamics, unlike any other, didn't they?

"You want me to teach you how to do it without leaving any apparent bruises?" Alessia winked.

River shook her head, chuckling quietly before announcing. "I start my first shift at six in the evening."

"WHAT?!"

Lorenzo started awake and started crying immediately, startled by the shrill disbelieving yells of the two Italian women.

"You woke my little boy up." River narrowed her eyes at them before taking Lorenzo from Alessia's arms and trying to console him.

"Are you serious?" Alessia asked.

"Yep."

"Okay now I need to know what he said." Alessia turned to Michelia who just shrugged.

"My lips are sealed."

Michelia had said that because she believed that if she and River refused to talk about it then the next person that Alessia would go to despite everything would be Adam. Just like River, Michelia was also an 'Adessia' shipper and she hoped that they would talk on the pretext of this incident and will sort out their current fight, whatever it was for.

Michelia gave River a knowing look which she returned with a cryptic wink.

Alessia narrowed her eyes.

"River?" She turned to her friend.

"You know I don't want to talk about this right?" River let out a dramatic sigh and left the living room, going over to the nursery that had been set up for little Lorenzo to put him down on the crib.