74. Seems Like We Are

__________________________

.

.

.

"See you soon wifey." He pressed his lips to hers, catching her completely off-guard. It was a sweet soft kiss that lasted only a few seconds, and she found herself missing his lips on hers as soon as he broke away.

The surgeon stared at the Sicilian Capo wide-eyed, his eyes twinkling with playfulness. He gave another peck on her lips, this time even shorter, before turning around and jogging off back into the jet which would fly him to Wyoming.

She stared at him until he was at the door where he turned around and waved at her with a giant grin on his face. River sighed, shaking her head as a chuckle escaped her mouth as she waved back.

"Byeee Papaa!!" The twins called out from the car.

"Bye bambini!" He called back, cupping his hands around his mouth.

"Bye fratello!" Alessia mocked while River turned around to look at her and laughed.

(fratello – brother)

"Bye sorella!" Mateo imitated her before walking in and disappearing from their sight, only after waving at her again.

(sorella – sister)

"I saw that!" Alessia nudged River as she made her way to the passenger's side.

"Saw what?" River asked cluelessly as she turned around to look at her, the car door held half open.

"Really? You are going to pretend to be clueless about that brief PDA in the middle of the tarmac?" Alessia asked, quirking a brow.

River rolled her eyes at her. "We are in our thirties woman, cut us some slack!"

She got in the car while Alessia laughed all the way to the driver's side. One of Mateo's men had drove Alessia's black Porsche to the tarmac in which all four of them were. But there were two more SUVs waiting. They were going to protect the four most important people in their Capo's life.

Mateo had arranged two bodyguards for the kids and one for River. She hated the idea. Especially the part about her own bodyguard. But she didn't argue with him because the man had every right to take every precaution he could. And it was all for the safety of everyone.

The immediate danger had passed but his line of work ensured new enemies on a monthly basis. They were letting their guard down a tad bit and sending the kids back to kindergarten. But they couldn't afford to let it down any lower. Better safe than sorry.

"Leo is dropping off Lia and Enzo today evening. There is a situation in Chicago." Alessia breathed out as she drove the car our of the place. The kids were buckled in their seats and were animatedly speaking to each other and not paying attention to their conversation.

River just nodded and didn't divulge more into the topic because she was pretty sure she wouldn't understand what was going on. Mateo had given her a brief idea of what was going on.

Leonardo was Mateo's cousin and the Capo of the Chicago unit of the Sicilian Mafia. River had assisted his wife, Michelia, give birth to their son, Lorenzo three months ago. He was so tiny and weak when he was born but within of week of staying in the hospital, the baby boy had healed to full health and he was such a beautiful little baby boy.

"Yo, now that there is some action going on between the two of you-" River gave her a pointed look, gesturing to the kids. They did not need hear any of this. "They aren't even listening. You are very independent River while Mateo is a clingy jealous alpha male kind of fella. So you guys probably will fight a hundred million times a day but do not let it affect your relationship."