68. Papa, Will They Like Us?

_____________________________

.

.

.

River smiled as she watched her little girls play with the tea table in the room set up for the kids, complete with probably every single toy that exist in the world for their age range.

They were lost in their own world.

She sighed as she sat back on the recliner.

Everything was so normal.

Everything was so normal even after someone was found dead in Mateo's property.

Was that normal?

Shouldn't they at least be nervous if not shocked or disturbed?

But then again, Alfredo was killed by them and the authorities did not know about it yet nor did she think they ever will.

River found it hard to believe that she was acting normal and am completely fine with living with murderers. Mafia people!

Ugh.

Everything is so fucking messed up!

"Mommy, can we have some cookies?"

River looked up at her sweet sweet daughter.

"Of course precious." She smiled at the two of them, who were perched on the stools of tea party set, holding the cups like proper ladies.

She got off the chair and walked out only to have a bundle of springs collide onto her legs.

"Careful babe!" She threw her hands out, steadying him.

"I am not a baby, Mommy." He pouted as she knelt down to his level.

"I know. I called you babe, not baby." River returned his pout with her own. Of course her little boy was not convinced but he shook it off, diving right into his question.

"Mommy, when are we having another baby?" He asked shocking her. "Mia is all grown up now."

River was flustered, flabbergast, mortified - all the synonyms in the book!

"Where did you get this idea from?" She stammered out, completely conscious of the heat on her cheeks. She was so sure she looked like a tomato right now but she just took a deep breath to calm her racing heart and looked at her son, waiting for him to drop the name she was so sure he was going to drop.

"Papa told me to ask you." He shrugged.

"Hmm.." She nodded, pursing her lips. "Of course he did."

River ruffled her baby boy's hair. "Why don't you go ask Papa to come find me?"

He nodded and ran off without another word. That Mafia man was getting his ass kicked as soon as she got his hands on him!

River made her way to the kitchen where Alessia, Alison and Jacqueline had been joined by her mother and grandmother.

"Come sit with us baby." Susan Johnson called her over as soon as she saw her kid walk in.

"Yeah dude, all you do is run around." Jacqueline commented, though they were sitting and gossiping just a few minutes ago.

"I will I will." River laughed as she found a pack of choco chip cookies and transferred them to a plate. "After I go serve these cookies to the princesses having a tea party." She held the plate up.

"I will do it." Alessia got up. "I need to get back to helping that useless man anyway." She huffed, referring to poor old Adam. Those two were so complicated.. No, difficult. Sometimes they were best of friends and at other times they were at each other's throats. As entertaining as that was, she wished they would settle down just a bit, because River shipped them so hard and she wanted to be able to say that out loud. But the dynamics they had at the moment just stopped her from doing it.