12. Because Lukey Wasn't With Us

_____________________________

.

.

.

Finishing their lunch, Susan offered to clear out the table while Kiara and River got dressed to head out.

"Which jacket do you want?" River asked, holding out her pink and black jackets.

Kiara's favorite colors were pink and black. River hoped she would grow up to be an Avril Lavigne fan.

"Black." She said shyly.

"Why?" River noticed her shyness.

"Because boys think pink is gross. They like black."

River's eyes widened. Is that young love I see?

Why is she so cute??

River wanted to correct her daughter and tell her she shouldn't dress up to impress anyone else but she figured that Kiara was her daughter, she will figure it out on her own.

She also hoped that Kiara's overprotective brother didn't notice the blooming romance.

Ewwww... I need to get a life!

River handed her the jacket and hung the pink one back in the closet.

Kiara tried to put on her jacket, scowling and whining to herself as she wriggled it on. River waited for her to try her best and she eventually put it on, a satisfied smile on her face.

That's my girl.

"Are we ready to go?" she asked, fixing the collar of the jacket.

"Yes!" She grinned, jumping on the spot, and her face contorting in pain.

"Oh my baby!" River called out to her as she immediately picked her baby up. "Baby, you shouldn't jump or put pressure on your foot for some time now okay?" She nodded as she rested her head on her chest.

Fortunately she wasn't in much pain and didn't cry. River hated it when her kids cried.

Because they were happy children. A little fussy but they never cried unless they were hurt or really needed her.

The twins were used to not having River around them all the time so they never fussed over not seeing her. And their GG had taught them to value things in life and it made River very happy that they caught on to everything she taught though they were only four.

They were smart kiddos.

River grabbed her purse and car keys.

"Bye Mom." River hugged her mother before she bent down and picked Kiara up.

"Bye my little pumpkin."

"Bye Granny."

They rode down the elevator and made their way to their white SUV.

River was a biker until she had the kids. She saved up and bought an SUV as soon as she could after they were born.

The mother and daughter stopped by at a toy store to get the little boy a toy robot before they made their way to the preschool.

Weirdly Kiara didn't ask for anything. Weird.

"Baby?" River asked as she pulled over to the parking lot.

"Yes Mommy?" She asked in her cute voice.

"Why didn't you ask for toys when we were at the store?"

River knew she was probably digging her own grave by asking that question but she had always let her kids take their decision but questioned the reason so that they could be corrected if the reason was not good.