16. You Have Children?

________________________________

.

.

.

The man in his hospital gown was already a work of art. Him in the sweats he wore for his physiotherapy had made him quite irresistible. But the motherfucker in a black Armani suit had her heart going 'cuckoo-cuckoo' inside her chest.

"Dr. Johnson." He smiled, or smirked. She really didn't know what to call it. It was like he had complete makeover, though it was mostly on his character. He had a complete glow-up.

"I think I am questioning my sexuality." Eric leaned in and whispered in her ear, not taking his eyes off of him.

River elbowed him in the side and smiled at Mateo, clearing her throat. "Mr. Adesso."

"I hope I am not disturbing you." He smiled seductively. River's eyes widened and Eric too was showing similar reactions. How was this even possible? Can an Italian wearing a suit and hair gel make such a drastic difference?

"No, we are done with the OP for the day." Eric said. "Um, excuse me. I will be off to get some lunch." He bailed out as he quickly grabbed his phone and wallet from the side table. Son of a traitor!

As soon as Eric closed the door behind him, Mr. Adesso's smile turned into a full-blown smirk.

Okay. River narrowed her eyes at him. What the fuck was he playing at? And whatever it was, she knew she could play it better!

"I haven't seen you much in the past month, doc." He said, emphasizing 'doc'.

Why the fuck did my heart just flutter? River scolded herself. This was not one of those times to go completely heart-eyed on the good-looking dude. He was playing at something and she was supposed to resist whatever his advances were.

Damn it, neurons! This is not the time to release all those chemicals!

River decided this was all due to her pent-up sexual frustration. She hadn't been sexually active over two months because how hectic her work had been, not to forget the kids were having the summer holidays so whenever she had the energy for anything, she was making it up top her little babies.

"Well, my job with you was finished and I handed the case over to the Physiotherapist." She said, keeping her voice low and even and unbothered.

He nodded, leaning back on the seat.

"I see. So you are not my doctor anymore." He nodded, as if lost in his thoughts.

"Not anymore Mr. Adesso." She said. She was almost getting annoyed by this new behavior.

"Call me Mateo." He said huskily.

Jeez, that sound so sexy!

Knock it off River, what's with the behavior? She mentally scolded herself as soon as the thought came into her mind.

Ugh.

"Mateo." She gave him her politest smile. "You have been discharged?"

"Yes, I leave in the evening." He said, his voice serious for a second. He took an envelope from his coat pocket and placed it on the table, pushing it towards her.

River smiled at it and then at him. "You know I am not going to take it."

"I know." He said lowly. "I was told by one of my men that you had sent the money back."

She nodded, letting out a deep breath.

"I don't need it." She smiled professionally.

"How about I buy you dinner then?" He asked, leaning forward.