CHAPTER 6

JANE

Jane in Italics|Luke in bold

So far we have done nothing really important in school today, it's the principal's birthday so all the teachers were celebrating. We attended two classes only, Math and Physics and then we left school. Now I'm at Erika's house, we're watching movies. I love being with Erika, she's the best, I consider her my best friend. It's crazy how we just connect, we're both crazy even though she's crazier than me but I love her.

"So how is your boyfriend?" Erika starts asking.

"I don't have a boyfriend."

"I mean Luke, dummy."

"He's not my boyfriend," I say, "he's just a friend, that's all," I murmur in a low tone avoiding eye contact with her. I can feel her eyes on me, she's not going to make this easy on me.

"Just a friend? Girl, that guy tasted you, you couldn't stop telling me how amazing he was, not to mention the best orgasm he gave you."

Okay she's definitely not making this easy for me.

"That kind of guy doesn't do well with female friends, the only thing he knows is getting them on his bed and making them scream his name, honey," she says.

Honestly speaking, she's right. Who am I fooling? Sooner or later Luke will get me on his bed so that means I have to stay the hell away from him, he's a bad boy, he's had almost every girl in our school and outside. He's hot, yes but he's bad news. I'm too innocent for him and I'm definitely not up for his girlfriends ganging up on me threatening me and telling me to stay away from their boyfriend. God knows how many girlfriends he has.

Ugh! Why am I even thinking about him? He's a player, a bastard, a fuck boy.

"But still he's not my boyfriend and he definitely won't get me on his bed," I say.

"He already got you on his couch, honey," she muses. Of course she had to bring that up.

"True, but that won't happen again because I will tell him to stay away from me the next time I see him."

"Oh well! Tell me how that goes," she winks at me before heading to the kitchen.

As much I hate to admit, Erika is right, there's no way Luke will listen to me so I'll just text him and tell him we can't be friends anymore. I take my phone out and scroll down to Luke's number.

"What are you doing?" Erika asks coming from the kitchen.

"I'm texting Luke telling him to stay away from me."

"How are you going to practise Math with him? He's your partner now."

Crap I forgot about that. Oh Lord help me please. How do I get out of this situation? Why did he have to be the one helping me? I can do just fine with Erika.

"Oh gosh! This is gonna be a long year." I complain covering my face with my hands while Erika laughs at me.

* * *

I just came home from Erika's, I find my mom preparing to go to work, she's a doctor by the way. Thank God I'm not going to cook tonight, I'll order in and just go to sleep or catch up on my favourite reality shows, I love reality shows so much. I get to my room and change into some comfy clothes, more like sweaters since it's cold today.

"Jane, I'm leaving," mom shouts from downstairs and I hear the front door closing.

"Well Janet, order in and catch up on your TV shows," I tell myself as I leave my room and head downstairs. I decide to order McDonald's. My phone rings, Luke is calling me. Why is he calling me?