CHAPTER 47

LUKE...

I've been at the hospital for the last twenty four hours and it feels like forever, I don't want to go home alone and be without Jane. That house is depressing enough and it's big for one person. Jane hasn't woken up yet and that's killing me, I just miss her and her big bubble green eyes, her body against mine, her sweet angelic voice yelling at me for leaving an empty container of milk in the refrigerator. I miss her, I miss her presence all in all.

"Are you okay, son?" The doctor asks disturbing my thoughts.

"Yes I... How's my girlfriend doing? Has she woken up yet?"

"Not yet but she will be fine. You have to go home and rest," he says.

"No I'm not going anywhere, I want to be here when she wakes up."

"Where are your parents? Shouldn't they be here?"

"No, and they're not allowed in her ward after what they did."

"What happened?"

"I don't wanna talk about it," I say.

"Okay, but her guardian has to be here to sign her off when we discharge her," he says.

"I'm over eighteen so I can do it."

"Okay, but your parents have to here at som..."

I just lose it when he mentions the so-called parents. "I said no."

"I am going to give you some space," he says walking away.

I just sit there thinking about these parents and it comes to my mind, I haven't told her dad yet. Cameron loves Jane more than anything in the world and one call, he'd be here before sunset. I take my phone out and damn, my battery is dead. Flipping great timing. Now how am I supposed to tell Cameron about Jane?

I make my way to the reception.

"Hi! Do you have a charger?" She looks at me with a bright smile on her face and damn isn't she fake. I can tell when a girl is two faced and this right here is, the way she's looking at me, she's ready to throw herself at me and let me have her in this fucking reception area.

"Oh hey handsome!" She greets.

Handsome?

That sounds like something Hope would call me, fucking handsome. I don't know what to do but I'll just play along since I need her charger. My girlfriend needs her father.

"You have a charger?"

"That depends, what's in it for me?" She asks wetting her bottom lip. I'm not really a patient person, I never was and I never will, I'm only patient when it comes to Jane, no one else. Ever since she came into my life, I've changed for the better. I used to hook up with girls without evening remembering their names but I remembered hers, I remember the way she would tense up when I'd brush my finger against her skin, the way she always tried to act tough and pretend like I had no effect on her the same way she had on me.

"Listen lady, I just need a charger," I say not really caring how she feels. Just by thinking about Jane, the world becomes blank and she's the only thing living.

"What will I get in return?" She asks.

"Oh fuck this!" I say walking back to where I was then it hits me, Jane's stuff is still in my car. Thank goodness. I run outside heading to the parking lot and unlocking my car. I go through her things and find it, it's still full and thank God, I know her pass code.

* * *

I can't wait for her to wake up, I just need her to open her eyes and tell her I love her. That's all I need to do. Cameron and his wife are on the way from Queens, I finally got hold of Cameron and told him about Jane, I didn't get into details, I promised to tell him face to face, I couldn't spill everything over the phone, that would be disrespectful of me. Cameron treats Jane like an egg, telling him over the phone would've destroyed him. As for Nicole and Roger, I don't want them anywhere near Jane, I'll get a protection order if I have to. Jane and I were fine before they decided to ruin everything.