CHAPTER 19

LUKE...

Checking the time, I gentle sit up straight so that I don't wake Jane up. It's after midnight, I'm still in Jane's room. As much as I want to be in her arms forever, I also have to go back to my room so that we don't get caught. I don't want to do anything that will end up hurting her, she's way too important to me and I love her. I'm sure of it now, I freaking love her so much it hurts. I tuck her hair behind her ear, revealing her gorgeous, baby face. Who dares to get enough of such beauty? Definitely not me though. I cover her, kissing her forehead then make my way to the door. I slowly unlock it and poke out my head to check if there's anyone in the corridor. When I see the coast is clear, I take one last look at my sleeping Jane. Smiling, I leave her room and head to my room.

I wake up in the morning and do my morning routine then head downstairs for breakfast. I see Jane in her plus V-neck crop tank and tie front shorts with sandals in her feet. Her hair tied in a neat bun, no make up but a nude lipstick on. I can't help but smile at the sight. She looks flawless without makeup on. She's an angel.

"Finally, I've been looking for you since last night. Where were you, boy?" Roger asks, catching me off guard. The words get stuck in my throat and I have no idea what to tell him.

"Oh, umm..." I stutter.

"He fell asleep on my coach. We were doing our Math assignment. I let him sleep there since he was tired from training all afternoon yesterday." Jane immediately answers, covering up for me.

"What she said." I tell Roger. That was close. I sigh. She saved me today, she freaking saved both our asses. We all gather around the dining table and dig in our breakfast. It's Sunday by the way and Roger has this new tendency of going to church ever since he got married. Well it's not happening today, I'm not going to no church.

"I'm not going to make it to church today." Jane starts, breaking off the silence filling the room. "I still have to finish my Math assignment. I really need to nail so that I beat Luke this time." She continues.

"Keep dreaming." I joke.

"Honey, you never miss church. You can finish that later." Nicole replies to Jane.

"I know but this time I really have to pass. It's that important." Jane tells her.

"Okay. What about you, son?" Roger starts. "Are you done with your assignment?" He asks.

Okay.

Since when does he care about me and what I do with my life? And wait...! Did he just call me son? Okay, love has a way of making people hallucinate. Maybe I'm hallucinating, I didn't hear him correctly. I'm hearing my own things.

Roger just called me SON.

I'm sure it must've slipped. Not wanting to make a scene, I force a smile. "Nope, I'm not done yet and I'm not letting this little witch beat me." I muse, looking at my Sugarplum.

She chuckles. "We'll just have to wait and see, boy." She replies, wriggling her brows playfully, giving me her naughtiest smile ever. Damn, she's fascinating. I can't help the naughty thoughts running through my mind right now. The things I want to do to her.

"I love what I'm seeing right now. It's amazing how you get along, you're so close. At first I was worried you'd never be this close considering the way Jane reacted when she first met Luke." Nicole states. "It's good to see you've accepted each other as family." She adds. She knows nothing. I want to laugh so bad. If she found out what's been going on between her daughter and I, she'd literally die of a heart attack. And for the record, there's no way I'm accepting Jane as my sister, she's my girlfriend, end of story. Come hell or high water, I will not let her go.