CHAPTER 23

JANE...

When my alarm goes off the following, I groan in frustration, I love my beauty sleep. I switch it off immediately then I sit up straight and stretch my arms, also yawning in the process. I get off my bed and make it then I head to the bathroom and get myself, preparing for school. Sometime passes when I come out and lotion and get dressed in my notched colourblock belted dress, put on some sandals and apply makeup then tie my hair in a ponytail. I take my stuff and leave the room, going to have breakfast.

.

Erika is perplexed or should I say shocked or surprised. She doesn't blink or swallow or anything, she just stares at me with wide open eyes and her mouth dropped ajar. I want to laugh so bad but I can't, I want to know what she thinks first. Please don't judge me.

"Rika, Rika, blink, breath..." I mutter to her and she blinks countless times, shaking her head.

"What's wrong with you?" I ask.

"Nothing, I'm just...this is a lot to process, it's...actually too much for one person, I don't know how you do it." She blurts out. "Jane this...you really did it, like you said it out loud for him to hear you?"

"Yes...I told him I loved him, well I love him." She adjusts in her seat, composing herself. Oh shit I'm in trouble, she'll interrogate me till the second coming.

"Woah! Okay, let's just...reel it in for me. Let's go back. Tell me everything, from the beginning. I know I'm not losing my mind right now, I'm not dreaming or anything, just...just tell me what triggered you to actually tell Luke you loved him."

"Shh...you want the others to hear us?"

"Duh! Maybe they'll knock some sense into your head. Jane, Luke is your brother."

"Well I wouldn't call him my brother, just that our parents are married, that's all, we're not biologically related, we're practically related. And that doesn't mean anything because..."

"Woah woah woah! Slow down, honey, I'm not fighting with you, I'm not your enemy. I'm your friend." She tells me.

"You're judging me, Rika."

"I'm not judging you, Jane, I'm just concerned that's all. Luke is your step brother and a player, the bad boy. Or have you forgotten?"

"Well he's different around me."

"What about Nathan? I mean your actual boyfriend?"

"I don't..." I murmer in between my teeth, a side shrug.

"He's crazy about you, Jane."

"I know but we're not compatible."

"Not compatible?"

"I mean there's no chemistry between us, I'm always...it's just not working out."

"Not working out? You only realize that now?"

"No I..." I stutter. "Let's talk about something else, can we?"

"Sure. I never imagined you as a bad boy type." She jokes.

"Bad boys bring heaven to you, friend." Is my simply reply and we both laugh.

* * *

I get to the school's court and I don't find the other cheerleaders. Maybe they're all running late. I take out my phone and connect it to the speakers. I place my stuff on the bench and press on the music, playing 'Cool' by Dua Lipa. Dancing is the only way I get to express how I feel and I think clearly when I'm dancing. I close my eyes and let my body guide me. One thing I love about dancing, you don't need no book, you don't have to be in control, you just let the rhythm and body guide you. I dance and dance, letting all my thoughts, troubles out of my system, expressing myself in the movements.