CHAPTER 12

JANE

I stir in my sleep before finally opening my eyes. I check the time and it's already six AM. It's Saturday, the big day has arrived and I have been doing my best in avoiding Luke and luckily I succeeded. He even stopped following me around the school because he saw that I was serious. I can't lie and say I don't miss him, I do, I miss him so much it hurts. As for our Maths practices, I haven't attended any of them but he always sent me the previous year's exercises and I asked Erika for help in some of them.

Since it's the wedding day today, mom and Roger decided to go to court and do the necessary things and get married there then they'll host some sort of a party at Roger's house and celebrate with close friends and families. I invited Erika and her boyfriend Michael and Alexis.

I sit up straight rubbing my eyes and yawning at the same time. I remove the covers and get off the bed. I make my bed then make my way to the bathroom and freshen up.

After a well deserved shower, I grab my robe and put it on then leave my room heading for the kitchen. I need coffee, I'll function better after my cup of coffee.

"Good morning, sleepy head!" Erika greets me with a warm smile.

"Hey!" I mumble.

"Coffee?"

I smile widely and nod excitedly.

What would I do without you?

"You're the best," I mutter.

"I know. What would you do without me?" She muses.

"I would literally die, trust me," I chuckle.

"True. Here." She hands me the cup and I immediately accept it. My head hurts, my body is numb and my mind is not working at all.

"Thank you." I take a sip and man, I've never been this happy to taste coffee. A smile draws itself on my lips almost cracking my face up. "Where's mom?"

"Upstairs getting ready. Let's go help her."

"Yeah." We leave the kitchen and head to my mom's bedroom.

"Good morning, mom!" I close the door behind me.

"Good morning, my angel." She replies.

"Why aren't you ready?" Erika asks.

"The ceremony doesn't start until two in the afternoon then after that we'll have party until late."

"Party?" Erika exclaimed excitedly. "I love parties."

"I'm sure you do," mom muses.

"So we have all the time we need right?" I ask.

"No you don't, you have to go to Roger's house and help Monica make arrangements."

What? No!

"Now?" I ask.

"Yes now sweetheart."

"But mom..."

"No Jane. Monica needs all the help she can get. Plus Luke and Adrian are there. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you," She says.

"Yaaay!" I force a smile then drink my coffee.

"Erika, sweetie. Can you give us a minute. I need to talk to my daughter."

"Yes, Mrs Adams." Erika leaves the room.

Have you ever felt like you were stuck between a rock and a hard place? That's me right now. My mom and Roger being some kind of a rock and Luke a hard place. I want my mom to be happy at the same time I want Luke for myself but I can't be with Luke because of our parents. Erika was right, this is going to be a lot harder than I thought.