CHAPTER 45

JANE...

I had the terrible day in a long time today. I knew Marco was trying to get to me and said all kinds of nasty things but this was a low blow, it was a totally disaster considering that he's Luke's friend. I didn't expect him to do that. I feel... I don't know how I feel. I keep thinking about what would've happened if I didn't get the strength to get away. What would've happened if I hadn't bumped to Luke? What would've happened if Luke wasn't there at all? Marco would've gotten to me and raped me, he was catching up with me because I couldn't run that fast. Thank God Luke and Louis were there.

Whatever I went through these months and whatever is going on in my life. I'm grateful for my boyfriend, my step brother, my Luke.

Yes, he's mine, he's my Luke. I find myself smiling at that thought.

"What are you busy smiling at?" Luke asks wrapping his arms around my waist standing behind me as we feel the sea breeze flow around us.

"Nothing," I say.

"I smile about us too, you know," he says.

"Really?"

"Yep, how our life turned out, how your father accepting us, our parents abandoning us. It's crazy," he stammers.

"We'll have to face them someday, you know that right? They... Roger is the only parent you've got, that's not going to change," I say.

"I don't need him, I never did," he mutters.

"Let's just forget about this and enjoy this time," I say trying divert him from getting mad.

"You're right," he says kissing my shoulder sending shivers down my spine.

"Thank you for today," I say. "I don't know what would've happened if you didn't show up in time," I continue.

"Don't sweat it, I had to teach him a lesson. He always goes after what's mine," he says.

"He's intimidated by you."

"He has everything, parents who love him, money, great friends, he's just a douche," he says.

"He is intimidated, Luke, everyone in school is crazy about the Greek God Luke Williams, the devil, the player, the famous basketball captain. Who wouldn't be intimidated? Remember when I was intimidated by Hope, the famous Kim K of Dominican High School."

"It's not the same," he says.

"It is the same thing, Luke, not forgetting the part when she ambushed me with her puppies," I say. "One day Luke will realize that he made a mistake with you and come back to me, that's what he does," I continue imitating Hope's voice, she's irritating. "Talk about being possessive and bitchy," I mumble, Luke is laughing out his ass.

"Why you're laughing?"

"Because it's funny how girls decide for guys."

"You're the same, you claim us," I say.

"Get used to it, I will claim you every chance I get, you're mine," he says

"I'm yours?"

"Yes you are, get used to it," he says causing me to blush, my cheeks burning instantly. I turn to Luke at him.