CHAPTER 8

LUKE

After I got home, I decided to do my assignments and catch up on my books. Now I'm in the backyard training alone. Though I'm training, I'm thinking about Jane, that girl is invading my mind like crazy, I've never felt this way about anybody in my life but her, everywhere I am, she's there. It's like she's plastered her image in my mind and whenever I see her, my body, my heart, my mind just react in some strange ways, my heart skips everytime. I can't breath, I can't think, I just can't function around, she's got me in the palm of her hand, she's directing my every move. I don't understand what's happening to me, I can't sleep without thinking about her.

I've been with many girls before and I've never really felt anything for them, I just used them but Jane, I don't want to use her, I see myself building something with her, something serious. I don't think I will ever find anyone who makes me feel this way, she's not even my type, I usually go the Kylie Jenner type of girls, she's the totally opposite but damn she's beautiful. When I first saw her, I was lusting over her but it's not lust anymore, I want her, I need her in my life. I feel like if I can get her and be with her, everything else would just fix themselves. What is it about about her? She's not special.

Oh she is special, special to you.

I'm going to get her, I will do anything to get her, I won't give up until she says yes to me. She is going to be mine, I don't care if I have to wait a year for her, I will.

I've even stopped training, I'm busy thinking about her. I should call her, I just need to hear her voice, maybe I will be satisfied for today. I miss her the smell of her hair, her body in my arms, her lips against mine, I miss cupping her face, staring in her eyes. I reach for my phone, I dial her number and call her, it rings but she's not answering. I try again but it goes to voicemail, maybe she's busy, she did say she'd be with Erika today. I'll just leave her a text message.

'Hey Sugarplum! I tried calling you but you're not picking up, I guess you're busy. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and I miss you.'

I press send and wait for her to respond but she doesn't. Maybe she hasn't seen it yet, I should continue practicing, she'll get back to me when she's seen it.

"Luke, dad is asking for you," my little brother Adrian informs me. What does Roger want now? I am in no mood to fight with him today, I'm in a good mood thinking about Jane and Roger is about to ruin that. Don't get me wrong but in all honesty, I hate my father, I hate him more than the devil himself. He doesn't give a damn about us, he's never here, his work is the only important thing in his life, not his sons. If I was killer, I would've killed him long ago but I can't, my brother loves him, he's always hoping that someday he'll change. He'll never change, he's proven that many times, even our mother was like him, they were never present. If Monica wasn't our keeper, I don't know what would've happened to us, to me, because I basically raised Adrian with Monica's help. I hate that man with all my being, with every beat of my heart.

I drag my feet heading to the house, I get to the living room and find him already seated down with a smile plastered on his face, manipulating his phone. I wonder who's making him smile like an idiot, I've never seen him like that before.

"Son, glad you could join us," he starts.

Son?!

He's never called me son before, he's always calling me a lot of negative names, insulting me, today he's calling me son. Whoever is on that phone must be good, they must be doing him good. I'm sure it's work, it always is.