CHAPTER 14

JANE...

A month has passed and we moved to our new home. My mom couldn't be happier and I love seeing her that way. Luke and I have inseparable, I try so much to keep my distance but he just catches onto me and he knows my weak spot. Other than that I am slowly but surely accepting my new reality and to be quite honest I like it not too much but you know.

Feeling a weight over my body, I start stirring in my sleep, trying to move, I open my eyes. My vision is blurred but I adjust almost quickly and see my mom hovering over me, caressing my hair smoothly. She already freshened up from what I can tell, she's fully dressed in normal clothes. Why is she waking me early? It's Saturday for goodness sake. Plus I am not feeling well. Yesterday I went to school feeling feverish with a pounding headache so I spent the rest of my day in a sick room being attended to by the nurses at school every now and then. Not forgetting Erika and Luke who kept checking on me like I'm some sort of a five year old.

I was supposed to go to my dad's this weekend but he cancelled on me, telling me he had to go Brooklyn for some conference so I ended staying back. I really miss him so much it hurts. It's been so long since we spent time together and I intend to make up for lost time when I finally get a chance to see him.

"Mom!" I groan, rubbing my eyes then I stare right in her blues.

"Hey sweetheart! Wake up." She kisses my forehead.

"Mom, it's Saturday."

"I know, wake up."

"As in the weekend." I give her a look.

"Whatever, sweetie. I want you to help me make breakfast."

"Seriously? Mom, it's not even seven AM."

"Wake up and freshen up. I'll meet you downstairs." She stands up and heads for the door.

I groan rolling on my bed, pulling the sheets on me again. After a few minutes of glaring at the ceiling, I slowly get off the bed, stretching my arms and fixing the bad then I make my way to the bathroom to take a shower. A few moments later I come out and lotion then get dressed. I then leave my room and go downstairs. Lazily I make coffee, fill it in my cup and stand by the window, taking a sip, enjoying the smell and taste of coffee early in the morning. I glance at the beautiful backyard. Flowers surround a small grassy area shaded by an oak tree. There's a small table and chair snuck under it. It's beautiful, the backyard is beautiful simple and peaceful.

"Got coffee?" The husky, sweet voice that still haunts me in my dreams, never letting me breathe, not that I mind. I've grown to love it, I've grown to love him. Yes him. Luke. He's intoxicating, charming, charismatic, sweet, caring, amazing, perfect in all kinds of ways.

Nobody is perfect. I know but to me he's perfect, my Greek god is perfect. I can't even hide the burn I feel on my cheeks as I feel his presence behind me. I feel the warm that radiates in his body even though our bodies haven't collided, the electric shocks running through my body, the sharp shivers running down my spine. He's right behind me, few inches away. I hate him for doing this to me.

What are you doing to me, Greek god?

The sexual tension is evident and unbearable between the two of us. I want to jump his bones and kiss him, ravish him right here in this kitchen floor. But I can't do that, that would be signing both our death sentences and digging our own graves. I can't help it though, he's intimidating, the strong aura is not of any help instead it's making things worse. What do you do when you find yourself in a situation like this? Nothing. He's your step brother. Yeah he is my step brother and I gotta control my feelings and face reality, face the music. He'll never be mine, I'll never be his. We're together but we can't be together.