CHAPTER 22

LUKE...

She has no idea what she does to me, no idea how crazy I am over her, no idea how much I love her. She means the world to me, she's the only one who's ever been able to make me feel things I never thought I'd feel. I am able to love because of her. She's amazing, she's an angel, she's perfect, perfect for me.

I feel drops of water being sprinkled on my face.

"Heeey!" She laughs, bending to put the bottle down then stands in front of me, smiling. It's genuine, full of love, the smile that can make any guy fall weak on his knees, the smile that can melt your heart, the smile that lights up the entire room.

"What are you thinking about?" She wraps her arms around my neck, we're at the basketball gym in school, after classes. Everybody has left except us, she just finished her cheerleading rehearsal and she's still in her costumes.

"Nothing." I simple reply.

"You're in basketball gym alone, smiling and lost in space. That's..." She says.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"You want me to go?" She answers with question. I don't want her to go, her presence is highly appreciated.

"Never."

"Well I saw your car in the parking lot. So I was wondering if the hot captain of our team could give me some lessons. Unless of course he...isn't up to land a helping hand." She makes a puppy face and I smile at her stupid attempt because it's getting to me. "Or I can go and leave the Dominican Academy's Greek god to practise in peace and harmony." I can't help but laugh.

"You're something else, you know that?" I mused.

"So you're going to teach how to play the famous sport?"

"Are you serious?"

"Positive."

"What's in it for me?"

"Well if you teach me how to play, maybe we can...let's play." She mutters.

"You can relax, there's no cameras here." I tell her.

"Someone can walk in."

"Chill. Let's play."

We start playing, I show her how to do the basics. She messes up for a while until she gets some of the other things right then I show her how to score. I stand behind her, holding her waist, firmly, not missing the shivers that rush through her body.

"You're sure I can do it?" She asks, nervously.

"I know you can do it. You're doing great already." I assure her and she looks at me, smiling. She turns back, her back facing me, I lean closer to her ear, breathing against her skin. She shivers and turns her head to look at me, breathing slightly erratic. Our eyes meet, I bite my lip, her gaze drops to my lips. "Focus, baby..." That comes out as a whisper and she hitches, catching her breath.

She clears her throat and murmeres, "Okay."

My firm touch burns her skin, she reddens, tightening her grip on the ball. "Bend your knees, arms up high, aim." I bend with her. "A little lower, lower, love, that's it."

"This is harder than I thought." She chuckles.

"You're doing good. You're ready?"

"I'm ready."

"Okay, in three...two...one. Go!" I scoop her off the ground and she shoots.

She jumps up and down in joy. "I did it." She jumps on me, wrapping her arms and legs around me.