CHAPTER 44

LUKE...

Nicole has made her choice, she's choosing her life above her daughter's life, I don't understand mothers sometimes. What happened to the sweet Nicole who loved her daughter more than anything? The one that who put her daughter above anything and anyone? Was it all an act? I hate seeing Jane like this, she's not herself. Her father may be on her side but she needs her mother, she misses her. I can see she misses her even though she's acting tough. She'll never admit her pain, I know that. It's been three months now since we been staying together and we're doing fine, we're not short of anything. By the way my dad stopped paying for anything but thank God for the money my grandfather left for me.

Jane is upstairs doing her assignment with Erika while me, Louis and Apollo are playing video games, I'd never trade these guys for anything, they're my only family-, well... plus Jaden, Jane's other step brother, he's cool.

"Pizza delivery!" Jaden says coming, he always visits on weekends but today he told me he'd bring his girl Ariana.

"Hey guys!" Apollo says out loud. "I'll take that," he continues taking the boxes of pizza.

"This guy," says Louis following him.

"Did someone say Pizza?" Erika asks coming downstairs with Jane.

"Yes I did," Jaden says hugging both of them.

"You're a star. Hi I'm Jane," she says to Ariana.

"This is my girl, Ariana. Babe, this is my sister, Jane and Erika. You already know Luke and Louis," says Jaden introducing the whole house.

"She hasn't met me," Apollo calls out in the kitchen.

"Nice to meet you, guys," Ariana says.

We spend the whole day playing games and laughing together. It's good to see Jane letting loose and forgetting everything even it's just for a little while, it's worth it... worth every goddamn second.

* * *

The others have left except for Jaden and Ariana and of course Erika, they are upstairs with Jane while Jaden and I carry on playing video games together. And I hate to admit, this guy is beating my ass in this game, I've finally met my match. Louis and Apollo have been complaining about me beating them. They left with satisfied hearts knowing that I had been losing against Jaden since he got here.

"Time up, you're killing me, man." I say standing up and heading to the kitchen to get water while Jaden's laughter follow after me and I find myself laughing as well. Man he's fun. I open the fridge taking two bottles of beer and get back to the living room. I hand him one and he thanks me.

"So your parents are still not talking to you?" He asks opening the bottle cap and takes a sip.

"Nope and at this point I don't give a fuck, boy. We're doing just fine without them."

"Cutting you off won't change the fact that she's pregnant and you love each other." He comments emphasize on the hard facts.

"My only priority is Jane and making sure she's happy and okay. I can't waste my time worrying about two grown-ups, if they want to talk or sort things out, they know where to find us."