CHAPTER 21

Before you read, please know that this book belongs to me and if you know or see anyone making it their own, let me know asap. The only thing I don't own is the pictures attached to it so please view the characters per your own imagination. This is an All Rights Reserved. Nothing will be done to it without permission.

Happy reading.
Shalom

JANE...

I wake up and do my morning routine, it is a bit cold today so I decide to dress warm. I put on my grey matching sweaters with combat boots. I leave my face clean with no make-up on, also tying my hair into a neat bun. I search my drawer and find my birth control pills that Luke got for me, I go to the bathroom and to take them. After that I make my way downstairs and found everyone having breakfast, I join them.

"Good morning people." I greet.

"Morning Jane." They all respond. My phone bips, I check it, it's a text from Nathan reminding me of what we agreed on last night. Shit, I forgot. I steal a glance at Luke and catch him staring at me. I quickly look away and back to my phone, reading the message again. It reads...

Can't wait to see u today. Excited to spend sometime with u.😍

I switch my phone off and start digging in. I don't miss the odd looks Luke is giving me and I'm trying so hard not to be affected by the way. But deep down, I feel bad, I feel bad for Luke, I hate doing this to him. At the same I don't want to hurt Nathan, he's so nice and amazing in his own way though there's no connection between us but he's really trying his best to be perfect for me. I hate the person I've become, I'm horrible, really horrible at times.

I pull up at the students' parking lot and exit my car, locking it, I head to my Spanish class. The class starts and we do nothing rather than making noise because our teacher is absent today. I put on my earphones and play some music, deciding to sleep in class. After an hour the bell rings notifying us to go to the next class. We have pop quiz for English today. I get there and we all get ready for the quiz. After the quiz, the bell rings, and we go for break. I head to the cafeteria and find Erika warming her food.

"Hey chica!" I hug her, she's always smiling, I love my best friend.

"Hey! Finally. Guess what I got when I got home yesterday." She excitedly says.

"New boyfriend?" I joke, she scoffs and I burst out laughing.

"Ew, no! Anything but that."

"Umm, new shoes? No, new phone? No...um...oh my gosh! Are you pregnant?" I hold my laugh and she hits my shoulder playfully.

"Jane..." She calls out, slightly irritated.

"Okay, I'm joking." I state. "You got a new car?" I guess, not really sure if I got it right.

She screams her lungs, making me jump. Did I guess right? "Yes, I got a new car, crazy." She coos, we both scream out, hugging. The other students look at us like we are losing it, not that we care. We are weird like that.

"I want to see it now." I say.

"Of course you will. I'll drop you at home today. We can leave yours here." She suggests.

"Oh I can't." I tell her. "I kind of made plans with Nathan after school." I add.

"It's okay. Then we can go for a drive tomorrow or over the weekend, you and I, no boys."

"Great idea." I warm my food then we both decided to go sit on the grass outside behind the cafeteria building.

On our way there, we pass Luke and his friends, discussing and laughing about something. We are about to pass the corner when I hear her voice greeting Luke. Hope. I immediately turn back to look at her. She hugs him, breaking free she leans in to kiss him. Luke is about to lean forward when he catches me staring at them then leans away from her.
My blood is boiling, my hands gripping the tray. Erika elbows me and I snap out of it, diverting my attention from Luke. We carry on walking to the spot we usually sit on when we decide to chill outside. I put my stuff down and sit down, joined by Erika who sits beside me.