CHAPTER 37

LUKE...

We're going to a school field today as seniors, we do this after every three months where we help clean our town fields, help the citizens around. It used to bother me at first but as time went by I began to enjoy it. It meant I get to be home late and I wouldn't deal with my father.
We won't be attending any classes  because we'll be leaving around nine and coming back later.

After I freshen up, I gather my stuff up then I will leave my room to wake Adrian since he's a deep sleeper, I swear you could burn the house with him inside and he wouldn't feel a thing. I wish I were like that sometimes, I hardly sleep, there's a lot in my mind, school, Jane, games, Roger and a whole lot more and now the damn photo I haven't been able to find out who actually has it. It's draining, everything is draining me up. I don't feel like myself anymore, matter of fact I never ever felt like myself ever, I didn't know who I was until Jane showed up. Even though there's a lot going on, I laugh more, I have fun sometimes, I feel free, but only when Jane is around me.

I immediately turn around when I feel Jane's touch on my shoulder, her smile fades when our eyes lock, holding each other captive.

"I was hoping we could talk." There is that no bullshit look on her face and I'll be lucky if I manage to lie my way out of that one.

"Good morning to you too, Sugarplum." I don't give her a chance to reply, my mouth captures hers and like always she immediately reciprocates, melting into my arms as usual. I feel her defenses vanishing as I deepen the kiss, sipping my tongue in her mouth, tasting and exploring her mouth. When she stifles a moan at the back of her throat, my cock springs to life as if it's been on alert the whole time, waiting for her. She pulls back, amusement lingering in her features.

"Nice try, Greek god."

Chuckling, we both back away and I push a few strands of hair behind her ear, revealing her beautiful face.

"What's going on, Luke? You haven't been yourself lately and when I ask you shrug it off like it's nothing serious. I can see right through you."

"Nothing is going on, I'm just thinking about the upcoming game." Hopefully she buys my lie, if she presses on, I might blurt it off and that is not the option, at least not right now. The thing with Jane is that she knows when I'm lying.

She just stares into my eyes, better yet my soul and nods nonchalantly, "Okay, if you say so."

"Relax, I'm fine." I caress the side of her face, feeling her tan-smooth flawless skin on my fingers. "Stop worrying too much, it's not good for..."

She cut me off immediately, a bright big smile plastered on her face. "The baby, I know."

"Exactly, ready to go?"

"Breakfast is ready and I'm starving."

"Okay, let's go."

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asks once again. Thing with Jane is that she knows me too well to tell when I'm lying to her and I hate lying to her but this is for her own good. I'd rather she gets mad at me for lying to protect her than give her unnecessary stress. She needs to keep her mind at ease at all times. I don't want her to ever find out about that picture even when I've sorted it out.

"Of course."

"You know you can tell me anything right?" Jesus woman. I grab the back of her head and drag her to kiss me. She smiles against my lips. I completely lose control and forget where we are, my eyes close in pleasure. Just when the kiss gets more intense, someone suddenly clears the throat and we jerk immediately off. Erika stands at the door with her face dancing with amusement, eyes full of mischief. I totally forgot the door was open.