CHAPTER 46

JANE...

I wrote my Science exam today and it went well. I didn't see Marco today but Erika was shadowing me everywhere, she wouldn't leave me alone, well we always shadow each other. Now I'm with Luke, we're going to the family meeting, I'm kind of nervous of how this is going to turn out. I don't know what is going to happen, what they're going to say and how Luke will react to everything, I know my boyfriend, he's damn short tempered.

"We don't have to go," Luke mumbles squeezing my hand gentle.

"No, let's go, we'll never know what they want to say if we don't go. Maybe they want to put this whole charade behind us."

"Charade? Our relationship is not a charade, Jane," he says.

"I didn't mean it like that."

"You said this whole charade, meaning our relationship was a charade to begin with," he retorts getting mad. I don't understand why he's getting mad.

"Lukas Williams, I didn't say our relationship was a charade, I meant this whole feud is a charade."

"A feud we started is what you mean right? That's what you want to say, we started this, there's no denying that," he says.

"Jesus one would swear you're pregnant. Stop the car!"

"What?"

"Stop the car, Luke now," I say getting anxious as well, anger taking over me. He better stop this car or I'll make him and he won't like it. He stops and I step outside the car and slam the door.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Don't follow me or you'll regret it and I mean it, Luke," I say giving the most death stare.

"Janet!"

"I'll find my way," I say as I see Nathan's car passing and I indicate him to stop. He stops at the side of the road.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Luke says follow me as I get in Nathan's car.

"Drive!"

"What?" Nathan exclaims.

"I said drive, Nathan." I yell at him too.

"Janet, I swear to God I'm going to kill you!" Luke says knocking on the window.

"Fuck you, Luke," I respond as Nathan drive off leaving him there. He keeps stealing glances at me.

"Don't ask," I tell him.

"Trust me, I don't want to end up like Luke," he says and I just laugh, I didn't expect that.

"So Erika told me your parents are..."

"They told us to choose and we did but I'm on my... well we're on our way there now."

"Oh."

"You can say that again, oh." He looks at me and chuckles.

"I see you still got jokes in the midst of a pandemic," I know he's talking about Luke but I'm not gonna give in, he's my ex and talking about my current boyfriend with my ex boyfriend is just so gross for me.