CHAPTER 7

JANE

"Luke spent the night at your house?" Erika asks yelling for the all students to hear, thank God we're at the corner of the cafeteria.

"Shh!" I cover her mouth immediately.

"Okay sorry. So how was it?"

What?

Does she think we slept together? Oh hell no! Not happening anytime soon, well not happening like ever.

"How was what?" I ask.

"Duh! I mean..." I immediately cut her short.

"No, no, no, that didn't happen and it'll never happen, never ever," I coo reassuring her. I'll never have sex with Luke. I'm never going down that road ever. The last thing I want is allowing myself to fall for Luke and end up being heartbroken in the process while he gets to move on and looks for other girls. I don't think I'm strong enough for that.

I do want to have a boyfriend and experience things like other girls my age but the heartbreaks, they scare the hell out of me.

"Jane, you don't need to hide things from me, you can tell me anything. I'm your friend, aren't I?" She remarks.

"Yes I know that but nothing happened and nothing is going to happen anytime soon."

"Meaning it will happen eventually," She states.

"No!" I exclaim. "Rika, I like him yes, he's a cool guy but that doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with him, I'll never make that mistake, ever."

"But..."

"No buts, Rika," I say.

"Okay fine, not another word but please tell me everything. How was it? I mean waking up in the arms of the Greek God? It must be amazing," She says. "The guy is freaking hot so please give me something, don't leave me hanging, please."

"Well, it was amazing, nothing felt wrong at all," I say in a very short sentence.

"Of course it was, we're talking about Luke Williams here, the sexy Greek God of Dominican High," she muses.

My friend is crazy, really crazy, not long ago she was telling me to stay away from Luke because he's a player now she's happy because Luke spent a night at my house. Erika is not to be trusted.

"Yes, but he's a heartbreakers so I'm not taking that chance."

"Yeah, we don't want Hope to rearrange your face now, do we?" She says.

"Who's Hope?"

"She and Luke had a thing going but I don't know if they're still seeing each other or not."

"First, she'll never rearrange my face, it'll be the other way round and I won't be fighting for a boy, I'll be teaching her a lesson, I ain't gonna be any body's punching bag," I tell her, she laughs her lungs out.

"You go girl."

The bell rings indicating for us to go back to class, Erika has a business class while I have Physics, Luke is in my class. Why did I choose the same subjects as his? I'm excited to see him though but I'm a little nervous.

"I'll see you after school, friend," Erika says leaving the cafeteria in a hurry. I gather my stuff and make my way to Physics class. I get to my class, it's already full of other students. I mean the bell just rang and they're already here. I look around around and realize the only seat that's empty is at the corner, there's two empty seats actually. I hate sitting at the corner but I have no choice today. I head to the corner and sit there. A guy comes and sits next to me.